Kelly or Birkin #3???

J*adore

Aug 28, 2008
I know this is kinda difficult one. I already have 2 Birkins. I have always thought maybe I should get a Kelly. But have always been 'iffy' ...

In my opinion, the Birkin is easier to use. Not as dressy. I really cannot decide. HELP!!!!

Oddly enough, when I started off in H, the hype around Birkins eluded me. I wanted a Bolide! But then the Kelly whispered to me... and I ended up with different bags. I went to the botique a lot and realized what colours turned on a happy little light inside me... and Kelly always seemed to set it off!

Retourne Kellys are decided more casual, to me, and they are so friendly with their shoulder strap. I would suggest going to a store and trying one on. Even if it means a day trip to do so! You never know, you may always love Birkins, but Kelly may steal your heart!

I'm always enticed by Kelly when I see it on other people. But I try one on in the shop, I have hesitations. That's the problem.

Congratulations on your baby boy.

I agree, try one on for size and see how you like it...maybe in a color you haven't tried before? I love the shoulder strap too. It's so convenient. But then Birkins are gorgeous too...tough decision!!! :flowers:

I feel the same way like you, too. I love Birkins!! However, lately I've been wanting a Kelly. My suggestion is to try it out in the store. You may change your mind with the right color and size.

Hi Bag-terfly, see that you have a Parchemin on your wishlist...I have a Parchemin Togo with GHW. LOOVE it. Not a GHW person. But it went really well with the Parchemin.

I guess i will try them again in the store. Any suggestions for colour and leather? I know I will get the 28 for Kelly...i think..not sure actually...hmmm...i'm really struggling.

I love my 28cm Kelly. I know a lot of people like the 32cm because you can fit a bit more into it. :flowers: As for color/leather how about Togo and something pretty/casual/fun like Blue Jean or orange?

Take your time. I have two 32 Kellys - love the size for everyday and into casual evening. Don't get hung up on retourne or sellier - it's all about which leather and how stiff the leather actually is. I think stiffer leathers look better in retourne - less stiff and formal.

What you really need to remember is that a Kelly is a handbag and a Birkin is a tote - big difference. Only you know which you need/prefer.

This is my thought. Love the retourne, as the softer edges makes it more casual. But there's something about the sellier...standing tall and looking proud, and yet, there's an unspoken elegance about it.

I think I'll be looking for a brighter colour. Wont be too hung up on the leather. Buying a birkin and kelly to me is like buying a puppy. You will know the connection once you see it.

I love both the 28 (very elegant) and 32 (practical)! (Well, I love a kelly anyday!) My 28 takes me from day to night, and 32 fits a lot in it, which is great for work!! Personally I prefer sellier in the kelly, and a slightly softer look in birkin :smile:

This is my thought. Love the retourne, as the softer edges makes it more casual. But there's something about the sellier...standing tall and looking proud, and yet, there's an unspoken elegance about it.

I think I'll be looking for a brighter colour. Wont be too hung up on the leather. Buying a birkin and kelly to me is like buying a puppy. You will know the connection once you see it.

Haha thats a cute way to put it. :P And totally true.

Agree, get a vintage one to play with, or a pre-loved one first. Doesn't hurt the pocket so much if you decide it doesn't suit your lifestyle, you can still let it go without taking a huge loss.