Kelly Love...

I cant wait to get my first Kelly:nuts: :shame: This bag will be perfect whem I need to be more elegant and when the Birkin is too big. My former SA whos is now a buyer for Hermès told me that Kelly bags are getting more popular than Birkins. The trend is about to change and maybe it's due to the fact that Kelly bags has been around for so long and are timeless. I want my first Kelly to be black with silver hardware. It will look great with jeans, flats or Jimmy Choo and a simple petite bateau t-shirt:love:

hehe Greentea you are soooo going to make me want to run out and buy a Kelly!!! I think if I see the bicolor Kelly first I'll get it, same with the birkin. I just want to buy SOMETHING already damn it! I went today and all they had was the mini Kelly/Birkins. They had a 40cm orange Kelly @ the other boutique as well as a 32cm chocolate color, the former was too large and the latter felt boring. I need to get lucky in Hermes damn it :lol:

Koga said:
I cant wait to get my first Kelly:nuts: :shame: This bag will be perfect whem I need to be more elegant and when the Birkin is too big.

My former SA whos is now a buyer for Hermès told me that Kelly bags are getting more popular than Birkins. The trend is about to change and maybe it's due to the fact that Kelly bags has been around for so long and are timeless.

I want my first Kelly to be black with silver hardware. It will look great with jeans, flats or Jimmy Choo and a simple petite bateau t-shirt:love:

Hi Koga, it will be worth the wait to get your dream Kelly. You will love it! :love:

btw, I'd like to share this story that a member posted on TFS. A titled and rather grand French lady shared that many French women buy Kellys over Birkins because Kellys have more history and patina, whereas Birkins are rather nouveau, although very nice.

When French women buy a Kelly, they keep it forever and intend to hand it down. In the meantime, they plan the rest of their post-Kelly wardrobe around the colors of their bag/bags.

So whereas most of us would probably buy a Kelly or Birkin to complement our current wardrobe, many French women buy a beautiful bag and work their wardrobe around this.

I find this concept very interesting! :smile:

gigi leung said:
Hi Koga, it will be worth the wait to get your dream Kelly. You will love it! :love:

btw, I'd like to share this story that a member posted on TFS. A titled and rather grand French lady shared that many French women buy Kellys over Birkins because Kellys have more history and patina, whereas Birkins are rather nouveau, although very nice.

When French women buy a Kelly, they keep it forever and intend to hand it down. In the meantime, they plan the rest of their post-Kelly wardrobe around the colors of their bag/bags.

So whereas most of us would probably buy a Kelly or Birkin to complement our current wardrobe, many French women buy a beautiful bag and work their wardrobe around this.

awesome! To a certain extent I do that as well. If I found the perfect Birkin or Kelly I'd have even more of an incentive to do that!:nuts:

Noriko said:
hehe Greentea you are soooo going to make me want to run out and buy a Kelly!!! I think if I see the bicolor Kelly first I'll get it, same with the birkin. I just want to buy SOMETHING already damn it! I went today and all they had was the mini Kelly/Birkins. They had a 40cm orange Kelly @ the other boutique as well as a 32cm chocolate color, the former was too large and the latter felt boring. I need to get lucky in Hermes damn it :lol:

Ooohhh I LOVE the chocolate!! I'm boring- I'll admit it!!!:lol: I need a vacation in hawaii!!:lol:

gigi leung said:

The Kelly is definitely more functional, due to its shoulder strap AND top handles. But the Birkin is the IT bag. Very interesting observations, GIGI!