Kelly Love...

jag

O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
Michigan
I would love, love, love to have a Kelly- it is the most classic bag I have ever seen. You really can wear it with anything from jeans to a classic suit. Don't get me wrong, the Birkin is nothing short of fabulous, but sometimes we loose sight of the true beauty of both of these bags. Kelly is no second fiddle! It's gorgeous! Go for it!

Queenie

Holiday Joys!
O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
La Vanguardia said:
I LOVE MY KELLY!

I first fell in love with the style of the Kelly and talking with my friend about the Birkin and seeing more and more pictures of it, I started to like the Birkin more and thought that I would get that as my first Hermes bag.

Wrong Next thing you know, it was love again at first sight when I saw my fuschia Kelly . It's ladylike but the shoulder straps also look cool just hanging on the bag... looks modern Also, the fuschia makes the bag more fun and exciting.

I'm so glad I bought the Kelly instead of searching for the Birkin as my first bag. I think I would have been frustrated what if a Birkin comes up and it's not exactly the color I want. Then I have to search again.

Mind you though that I think I was just lucky that I saw the Kelly which was meant to be mine. It's such a cool bag and did I say I LOVE IT?! I also get so many compliments from it.

My next purchase will be the Birkin, but for the 3rd one, I'm still debating whether to get another Kelly or a Birkin.
La Vanguardia, you spoke for me! :smile: I have always wanted to have a Birkin as my first Hermes bag but Kelly came along instead. And it just grew on me. I :love: it more and more. So much so that I can't bear to use it. It's still sitting in the box since Sat. I kept taking it out just to admire. Think my hubby is so sicked of me. :biggrin:

I would still love to get a Birkin but if another Kelly comes along, I don't mind it either. ;)

Also, I would :love: to see photos of real people carrying them. Wouldn't that be nice?

SunnyKat

O.G.
Mar 12, 2006
Queenie said:
Femina, it's a 32cm Vermillon in Swift leather. :smile:
Oh, Queenie, congratulations on having it! :biggrin: Would you please post a picture of your Kelly? I would really love to see it! :love: Please, please, please~ :shame:

happy1

O.G.
Feb 9, 2006
Queenie said:
Femina, it's a 32cm Vermillon in Swift leather. :smile:
I'm so happy that someone else likes vermillion beside myself. Whenever red comes up, everyone prefers Rouge H or Rouge Vif.

Kellybag

O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
Queenie, I love the bag...I want a red one myself...I was leaning toward red for a long time, but have been slightly swayed here. You picture of Vermillion looks darker and deeper than I thought the shade looks. How would you descrive the color? Would you say tomato red?

I can't wait to go to Hermes to see the shades of red.

I think I want a Chevre with Palladium, but not sure of the color. I LOVE RED!!! I am carrying a red bag now and everyone looks at me. It just pops...well, not like yours, but it is a looker.

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
at the bottom of a cup of Jasmine Pearl
KB, Queenie's gorgeous Kelly is showing quite pink (more like Rouge Vif) in her picture. Also, it may have something to do with the leather. The reds vary A LOT according to which leather they're on. Saw a Vermillion chevre Mysore and it was much more of a tomato red with an orange undertone, where Rouge Vif Togo has a lot of pink in it. HTH. :smile:

SunnyKat

O.G.
Mar 12, 2006
Oh, My goodness!:amazed: Queenie, thank you for posting the picture. Your Kelly is so beautiful!:love: I love red Kelly, too. I only wish that I were close to a Hermés store so I could see and feel the leather…

More congratulations! I am so happy for you.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Queenie

Holiday Joys!
O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
Greentea said:
KB, Queenie's gorgeous Kelly is showing quite pink (more like Rouge Vif) in her picture. Also, it may have something to do with the leather. The reds vary A LOT according to which leather they're on. Saw a Vermillion chevre Mysore and it was much more of a tomato red with an orange undertone, where Rouge Vif Togo has a lot of pink in it. HTH. :smile:
KB, Greentea (OT: I love drinking that BTW :biggrin: ) is right about the colour. It does have pink undertone on my Swift leather. Colour varies a lot on different leather. For example, it looks tomato red on a Togo.

Mod, please let me know if linking to ebay is not allowed here. I just wanna show the colour differences.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTH-Hermes-32-cm-KELLY-in-Vermillion-RED-MUST-SEE_W0QQitemZ6861392567QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem