Kelly longue vs Maharani?? Pics??

I think the Maharani has the advantage of not having hardware. Even though I am not a matchy matchy person and mix white and yellow gold all the time, some outfits just need one color vs the other. I have a Kelly elongue with gold HW in swift and I would love to wear it with my new Armani jacket, but that jacket is screaming for silver HW. If I had the Maharani, there would be no issues LOL! So Cynthia, if we lived closer, we could borrow the other's bag LOL! Or beam it over to one another like DQ says!;)

Good point about the hardware! I never thought about that before...

I wanted to amend my earier statements....I finally actually carried my Maharani, and really it's very small inside for such a huge bag (35cm width)!
I could fit my iPhone (but any thicker of a cell phone might not fit), the coin purse from my Dogon Combined, a compact, and a lipstick, and that's just about it. The thing with it is that the bottom has literally NO width; the back and front are one piece of leather that loops around, with no bottom seam. It's about the width of the Jige at the top, but at the bottom it's extremely narrow.
I remain convinced that it's a lovely evening clutch, but definitely not as versatile for day use as I had hoped. To tell the truth, the Maharani was a consolation prize for me: I really wanted a Kelly Longue but just cannot find one except in a color that doesn't work for me.
I DO like the fact that there is no hardware color to match on the Maharani, though!

i love them both but for me the KL has a more sporty everyday appeal to me while the maharani is the classic elegant evening (read after six) clutch for me.

Yes, totally agree with that and the KL surprised me because of the sporty factor. I didn't buy it to use that way, but actually I will probably get more use out of it because it isn't as dressy. I think I wil just stick to my Chanels or J Leiber for the after six look.

I wanted to amend my earier statements....I finally actually carried my Maharani, and really it's very small inside for such a huge bag (35cm width)!
I could fit my iPhone (but any thicker of a cell phone might not fit), the coin purse from my Dogon Combined, a compact, and a lipstick, and that's just about it. The thing with it is that the bottom has literally NO width; the back and front are one piece of leather that loops around, with no bottom seam. It's about the width of the Jige at the top, but at the bottom it's extremely narrow.
I remain convinced that it's a lovely evening clutch, but definitely not as versatile for day use as I had hoped. To tell the truth, the Maharani was a consolation prize for me: I really wanted a Kelly Longue but just cannot find one except in a color that doesn't work for me.
I DO like the fact that there is no hardware color to match on the Maharani, though!

Ah, Cynthia, I tried a BJ swift KL a month ago, am not sure what color you are looking for but this color would have been so perfect for you...

I really want one.....SA said there are none in the store for me to try tomorrow....but my amex could use a breather anyway....

thank you all so much for your input! The maharani is so elegant and lovely...but if the truth be told, "elegant" doesnt really describe any event or occasion I have been to lately, LOL!

Well, I've always preferred the KL over the Maharani but after playing with Cynthia's for awhile I'm now convinced I absolutely must have one :shame:

Does it only come in chamonix or box? I think that might add to the evening feel of it and I also think that in a light color it might work better during the day.

Ok, anyone else buying into that? Just me? Shoot!

I really want one.....SA said there are none in the store for me to try tomorrow....but my amex could use a breather anyway....

thank you all so much for your input! The maharani is so elegant and lovely...but if the truth be told, "elegant" doesnt really describe any event or occasion I have been to lately, LOL!

So true and a symptom of modern life. I am usually overdressed in the bag dept compared to the rest of the people at the event. DH always looks at me quizzically:smile: My standard answer is that I don't care what the rest of the world does, I do it for me!

So true and a symptom of modern life. I am usually overdressed in the bag dept compared to the rest of the people at the event. DH always looks at me quizzically:smile: My standard answer is that I don't care what the rest of the world does, I do it for me!

mine is forever telling me i'm overdressed. nonsense. the rest of the world is underdressed.