Kelly longue vs Maharani?? Pics??

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
Oh, help!!!!!

I am really in a little bit of a pickle.
I would love a clutch, and would like to choose between these two. Looks like I may have that chance sooner than I expected.

I have tried the Kelly Longue, which i adore. But not the maharani. Does anyone have both? Or modeling pics of either that I could compare? CYN???? Trama turgo?

Do any of you darlings have a preference for one over the other? I have heard the maharani is tiny inside....but....

I am so :heart::heart: with the maharani, and already own a kelly 32, so thought this would be the one...but now that I think more on it....does it hold enough?

And please, does anyone have the current price of the Kelly Longue? In box?
I completely forgot to write it down.

I am dizzy over this...

thank you!!!

Grands Fonds

Alive and Kicking
May 29, 2006
CB - I'd like to see comparison pics, too!

Personally, I LOVED the KL until I tried one - it was toooooo looooongue!!!!! LOL!

I LOVE the Maharani clutch - so much lovely detail on the front!

candace117

Whiskey in a Teacup
O.G.
Oct 31, 2007
Orange County
facebook.com
I want a Jige in rose shocking so badly I can't see straight! :smile: So I may not be much help on this dilemma...
Baggaholic told me the Kelly wallet can also be used as a clutch if the longue is too much for you.

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
Actually, I felt OK with the KL. Plus, it was rouge h box, so it was completely hypnotizing, which is why I forgot the price.

this is really hard.

CynthiaNYC

Mar 2, 2007
Oh I WANT a Kelly Longue!! I actually settled for the Maharani if I'm being honest.
The KL is also fairly tiny inside, however I think it would hold a similar amount of stuff to the Maharani. I don't have pics of a KL, but later this evening I'll stick some stuff into my Maha and take a picture or three for ya.
I don't know the price for the KL in box because I haven't SEEN one (to my great frustration) but I believe the KL in swift is about $3500-3700

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
^^wow, interesting cyn...I just love the detail on the maharani, but in the end, I am really afraid it wouldnt get out much.....

thank you for the offer of pics, that would be fantastic!

oregonfanlisa

Cherokee H Princess
O.G.
Dec 29, 2006
in my jewelry box
I'd like to get my hands on a KL. Saw a pochette for the first time this weekend. That is one tiny bag. SA looked for a Kelly Elan in the back but to no avail. *sigh* Wish I could help.

Wouldn't it be great if we could lay out all the clutches in a group comparison photo? Maybe our dear IceChick could do something like that??

Pepper

Raisinette
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
I like the Maharani but adore the KL. I tried a KL in BJ swift, it was so easy to tuck under my arm. It is very flat though. Hard to go wrong with rouge H box!!

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
^^I dont think I can get that rouge h one now, but it is the one haunting me, IYKWIM!

ooohhh 5001 posts. wow.

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
I have a KL in Toundra Box and I love it. It is longer and deeper than the Maharani. So I can actually drop in my Azap Long (no need to use a smaller wallet).

Jul 31, 2007
oooh, I've been wanting an H clutch too. Just to have. Seton recently suggested a large size Kelly Wallet that Im considering. I think the Longue is like a longer/slimmer KP and the Kelly Wallet is a longer/slimmer Elan. yeah?

But seems like you could probably get more use out of the KL than the KW. Anybody w/ an Elan or KW w/pics?

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Just got a lovely Jige Elan in Rouge Garance and it's really a beautiful clutch. Fits perfectly under the arm, it's not too long and has enough room inside for a compact Bern, cell phone, keys, some makeup......just enough for the essentials. I really like the shape to as it seems to make the bag a little less casual.....KWIM?

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
It's really just personal preference. I can totally appreciate the M clutch but prefer a KL for myself. My poor SA has been trying to get me one for the past year. Still no luck.

jag

O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
Michigan
They are both gorgeous in their own right! I love the unique streamlined gorgeous look of the Maharani- it is a work of art!

But then, when you see a Kelly Longe, something just makes every outfit look like you jut walked off the pages of Vogue. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong either way!