Kelly Lakis Bag

I played with it while at Hermes and the strap that comes with it is TDF! It is stunning. The strap is made of black Box and would be exceptional for a Box Kelly but, I was told they only sell this strap with the Lakis. The bag is not so bad in person, still not my style but If you are wavering on it, I would try it on at the store. Then you will see how beautiful the craftsmanship is. :heart:

For a man...ABSOLUTELY!

What else can you tell me about the strap?

My very first Kelly bag was a Kelly Lakis. I love the bag - I use it as my Vegas bag because the outside pockets make it easy to access items without having to open the whole bag up. The canvas also is very easy to care for - it just wipes clean. I personally like it because it is a bit "edgy" :heart:

Thanks Ranag! I'm thinking of this as a travel bag, like you said, the outside pockets make it easy to access items. I tried on a 32cm the other day, I must say, I love the strap!

I absolutely love this bag; I saw one in Paris that was a 32 in black with some fabric material (black, not toile) and it was amazing. I don't think it's really fair to compare it to the classic Kelly-- it is a completely different bag, as different, IMO as the JPG Birkin is to the regular kind. I find the classic rigide Kelly far too fancy for day wear, but this baby is perfect for every day! The sale seems to be closed now, but as I recall the price in Paris last April was over €5000, so $11000 is very reasonable.

I like the Lakis. I think it would make a great "work" bag. I wouldn't buy this instead of a traditional kelly, but I would buy it in addtion to. I think the Lakis puts a totally different spin on an outfit, and won't work in all cases where the traditional bag would, and vice versa.

canvas part holds up well. i have black/black from about 2 years ago and the canvas is fabulous. the box has some patina to it, as expected. it's edgy.

I actually tried one on at the SF when it first came out. The SA told me it was a "big deal, in terms of it's revolutionary design", I paraphrase of course. I felt it looked a bit like a briefcase, and I worried about the toile on a bag that was designed to be a workhorse, so I passed. It was about the same price as a "regular" Kelly.

I opted for a suede Kelly which I never used and ultimately sold to someone in Turkey!