Kelly in Ebene, Clemence, PHW

Olivia915

Jun 15, 2018
Hello ladies!

I would like to get your opinions on my option.
I already have one Kelly in Gris Asphalte, GHE, Epson Sellier in 28cm. Such a gem.

My husband would like to (actually...I forced, I have to confess...:coolio:) buy me another H bag for my 40th birthday so while we are in south of France (this is where I got my first Kelly above!), we visited the boutique again and discuss this with my SA here. I asked for Kelly 28 or 32 OR Birkin 30. Colourwise - Gold, black, dark blue or dark green.

I got an email just now and he said there is Kelly in Ebene, PHW, Celemence, Retourne in 32cm.

When I googled this, I wasn't sure of it but I still have not seen it real.
I have 2 weeks left until my last day in here so would like to believe that I still have enough time left until I get my next GEM. However, in case they do not have what I was initially looking for until then, I feel I may give this option a go.

Can you share your view on this Kelly option? Has any of you have Kelly in this similar option?
Any thoughts would be appreciated x

Reactions: smallfry
It’s a totally differ spec as when you prefer. I have 2 barenia fabourg bags in Ebene GHW. Ebene is a gorgeous colour, a very long lasting dark brown, it has more release recently.
If Ebene doesn’t match your closet collection, you should pass it and wait for another offer.

Reactions: Olivia915
It’s a totally differ spec as when you prefer. I have 2 barenia fabourg bags in Ebene GHW. Ebene is a gorgeous colour, a very long lasting dark brown, it has more release recently.
If Ebene doesn’t match your closet collection, you should pass it and wait for another offer.
Thanks for your response. Can you let me know what would go well with Ebene? I mainly wear neutral tones such as beige/ black/ grey and Jeans.

Also, in terms of the leather, I heard that Celemence is not ideal for Kelly as it can get slouchy easily. Any thoughts on this anyone? Merci x

I first started my Hermes journey 4 years ago. I found this site to be extremely helpful: maitaispicturebook.com

She is a long-standing forum member (MaiTai) and her first Hermes bag was a Kelly in Ebene. If you search her site using the keyword "ebene" you'll find sooooo many examples of how to wear the bag with neutrals.

Last edited:
Reactions: lulilu
i have a Kelly 32 Ebene in Clemence GHW. When I was offered it it didn’t wow me but I took it anyway because it was my first bag offer and I was desperate to have a B/K. It’s been growing on me ever since and I actually just used it today and found that it pretty much went well with any outfit that I tried on.

Reactions: loh
i have a Kelly 32 Ebene in Clemence GHW. When I was offered it it didn’t wow me but I took it anyway because it was my first bag offer and I was desperate to have a B/K. It’s been growing on me ever since and I actually just used it today and found that it pretty much went well with any outfit that I tried on.

I just saw your post in the other thread with a picture of your ebene K. It is a beautiful bag and I imagine a quite versatile color. :smile:

Barenia Faubourg is out and available in Ebene!? I heard this was seen n runway but have never seen IRL. Don't want to go off topic here, but please reveal your bags in the BF thread or similar....I think many of us would adore this option :heart:

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Barenia Faubourg is out and available in Ebene!? I heard this was seen n runway but have never seen IRL. Don't want to go off topic here, but please reveal your bags in the BF thread or similar....I think many of us would adore this option :heart:
A couple BF Ebene has shown up on Hermes.com (mini Roulis) recently!
8FF206E4-78D8-4DE1-9894-E7E566ECB540.png

To OP and to stay on topic:

I think Ebene is a wonderful choice and I love Clemence leather, that being said it definitely is not the same as what you originally requested. I think you should just go see it in person - I know it’s cliche but when you see it you know if it makes your heart sing!

I think Ebene is a wonderful choice and I love Clemence leather, that being said it definitely is not the same as what you originally requested. I think you should just go see it in person - I know it’s cliche but when you see it you know if it makes your heart sing!
Thank you! Yes, that is what I am thinking now actually. I dont know whether some of you my post about my first kelly story but I originally asked for Gold kelly and went to the boutique when I got an email. Gold sellier (exact spec I was looking for) and in addition to that, Gris Asphalte sellier was shown. In the end I got Gris Asphalte.

I shall see whether it makes my heart beat :wave:

Reactions: momoc