Kelly Girls.....

My Kelly is kind of new to me, and I haven't even figured out how to make it balance right with the long strap. No matter where I place the strap, it seems awkward.

I never use the strap - I think I'm too short and the strap too long! I gave up shoulder bags a long time ago -- I did however like with the Balenciaga the short shoulder strap sometimes....

WHEN I get mine (hehe) I'll use it with the top handle most often but I might purchase a casual canvas strap (or just use the leather one) and wear it like a messenger for travelling.
In the Asian thread, there is a pic of a chic lady wearing a 32cm Vert Anis Kelly crosswise in the airport and I think she looks great.
I think the strap option is much better for souple bags.

BUSTED! :nuts: Coco-nut, did you try hanging the elephant charm on it?

I rarely use the shoulder strap mainly because I feel uncomfortable carrying anything on my shoulder these days. If I happen to be carrying a Kelly AND my 2 small kids, then I'll take the strap with me just in case!

I use the Kelly with or without the shoulder straps. It depends what I'm doing. If I go shopping, I attach the shoulder strap so that I can use both hands. Also, when there is a chance of rain, I attach the should strap so that just in case I can carry my umbrella.

I do like Kellys with shoulder straps more on the 28cm and smaller. Well, mine is 32, but I use it anyway when necessary.

OTINGOCNI said:
Doesn't matter--CONGRATULATIONS, coco-nut! I know you've been looking for your first Hermes and no better way to start than with a classic!
Thanks, I meant to start with a Constance...but well, this came up. I also made a couple of other small purchases too...

I'll try to post pictures later today.

shoes319 said:
I never use the strap - I think I'm too short and the strap too long! I gave up shoulder bags a long time ago -- I did however like with the Balenciaga the short shoulder strap sometimes....

I never use the strap, and I never realized it, but I think that's why for me too! I don't mind straps, in general, the Kelly is just awkwardly long for me. I don't really like bags that have long straps like that, it reminds me of the 80's...haha. I like shorter-strapped bags and top handles. I would've said the problem was have two handles at once, but I agree with Shoes, I love the shoulder strap on my Balenciaga City Bag, no matter which handle I'm actually using, they both stay there. :yes: