Kelly Girls - this just in......

I definitely prefer the single loop. All of my 20cm Kellys have the single loop and it is no problem attaching the shoulder strap. I wonder which my 25cm Kelly will have (if it ever comes in)?

When I use the strap I hook one end to the front part (where the flap is) and one end on the other side (the back) and I am happy with the way it hangs.

I am now singing the song "Everything old is new again." Hello has it exactly right about hooking the strap. If you look at new bags from other designers, this is how they put the loops on the their bags, one front and one in back. Obviously that can not be done with the loops on the Kelly because of the handle design. Having both old and new style loops I don't have a strong preference either way. I do agree that it is a cleaner look without the double loop. Perhaps they are taking it off because the feedback has been that most women don't use the strap that much. Or perhaps it is just another way to tweak us:upsidedown: They did that with the Trim bag. No gusset, to gusset and back to no gusset:rolleyes:

I really like the double loop ... what a bummer. The H news lately hadn't been that great lately ... The rumor about discontinuation of shoulder Birkin, then that folded Kelly (so not my thing), and now single loop is in again?

I like the look with the single loop. I've never tried using the shoulder strap on the double loop of my 28 kelly.

Thanks for the info, NinjaSue, I've been thinking about getting a smaller size kelly-perhaps 25/20-and would definitely prefer the single loop design. Will have to check it out next time I go shopping!

No, not at all. The only thing that *could* happen *if* you use the shoulder strap a lot is that the hardware of the shoulderstrap could rub on the leather of the handle therefore wearing it more.

Thanks, Hello2703. I guess it doesn't really matter that much then. I was going to rush out to buy a Kelly just in case the double loops were better!

Rose: I called Madison Ave too and the SA said he has not heard of the single loop and you need a double loop for the shoulder strap! Am so confused now!

I spoke to SAs both in three cities now, and to the best of their knowledge, the double loop will be continued in the non mini sizes (28 and up) but there will be additional versions eg fold up or long handle shoulder, with single loop.

Just passing along what I heard -as they say in my biz, info deemed reliable but not guaranteed :smile:

Wow - this is a big change! I'll have to ask my SA about it. Since I don't have a Kelly yet, I'm a little concerned about this causing wear to the bag.
When I get a black box Kelly, though, I can't see myself using the strap with it because it will be more of a formal bag.

Wow - this is a big change! I'll have to ask my SA about it. Since I don't have a Kelly yet, I'm a little concerned about this causing wear to the bag.
When I get a black box Kelly, though, I can't see myself using the strap with it because it will be more of a formal bag.

:nuts::nuts:whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

as in Good to see you! :upsidedown: