Kelly Flash??

wintotty

O.G.
Jan 24, 2006
Hi there! I've seen some pictures of the lovely Kelly Flash bags here........and now have an opportunity to get one. As you can see my sig, I don't own a Kelly Bag, and I was hoping to get it in size 35 someday. I was thinking about getting it in Orange (letting go of my B30 Orange), but now I saw the Kelly Flash, I'm very intrigued. Color I'm considering is Etoupe/Blue Aztek 35 Togo.... Now, I have a SB2 in Etoupe, is it silly to have 2 bags in same color? I love Etoupe, since it is really a versatile color. However I really don't use SB2 much, and may let it go soon.... BUT if I decided to keep it, is it too similar to own both? Or the bi-color kelly different enough? Any thoughts on the Kelly Flash style??? I guess if I decline this one, I may not get my paws on KF again since they are limited..............:graucho:

I have two Etoupe bags but they are different enough so that I don't ever worry about duplication, KWIM? I think the Flash in Etoupe/Blue Aztek would be a lovely addition...and you wouldn't have to let go of your orange Birkin!

I have an etoupe birkin and an etoupe kelly flash so I do think they're different enough to justify owning both. The blue aztek is really special! It is my favorite combination out of all the different SO flashes.

It may be the same base color but its so not the same bag etoupe is a chameleon when matched with a contrast color, and a Kelly is a Kelly I must say I'm in a Kelly phase at the moment but thing is it looks very unique and the bag itself is very much a Kelly today flash of color super class and less formal older world look . Hope it helps darling . Birkel.

Like a very intense strong tosqouise in my perception very much like turquoise looked in chevre and I think they call it Aztec becuase it looks like well ........ The turquoise on Aztec ceremonial masks and beading and necklaces. Hope it helps darling. It does not side throw a greenish look like lagoon does it is blue for sure and on this combo the stitching is very noticeable compared to orange and gold .

I love etoupe and like you, have it in a JPGII (and 30B, SO Kelly and evelyne). And I just acquired the Kelly éclat in etoupe/azteque. They're all completely different bags and you can't go wrong with a color like etoupe.

i "will have" this exact bag soon....it is packed away for the holidays and hiding from me!
and i also have another etoupe kelly, but in sellier chevre, so i think etoupe is gorgeous, obviously.
the contrast blue is very much like turquoise, not at all like lagoon.
good luck with your decision!

I have an Etoupe Birkin too and for me the kelly flash would be the same bag. I agree that Etoupe is a chameleon colour but not enough to justify having two bags in the same colourway. Even Gris T is too similar to Etoupe. If you love the Kelly flash, why not buy it and if you find you don't use your SBII you could always sell her later.

Is Blue Aztek like Turquoise or Lagon?

wintotty, here's a picture I took of Turquoise (at the back) and Blue Azteque back in June this year. It was taken under yellow lighting, so you'd need to discount some colour distortion. If you don't have Turquoise for comparison, you'd think Blue Azteque is Turquoise. I personally think Blue Azetque is even further away from Lagon as Lagon has more green undertone.

Attachments

• Turquoise vs Blue Azteque.jpg
    Turquoise vs Blue Azteque.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 231
^^I had a chance to compare Blue Azteque to Turquoise, both in chevre. Turquoise seem dull next to Blue Azteque. Blue Azteque is such a vibrant, wonderful blue. I believe it has less green than turquoise.

WOW TammyD & tesi, you both have quite a collection of Etoupe bags! My SB2 is TC and the Kelly Flash I'm offered is Togo, so the color will be slightly different I guess. I'm leaning towards getting the Kelly Flash and if I use it often, I'll let go of SB2. (may do it sooner since I haven't used it for a LONG time)

mrssparkles, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the pic!! It is very helpful......I'm surprised since I thought Turq is very bright color but compared to Blue Azteque, it looks darker and subdued.

I have an etoupe birkin and an etoupe kelly flash so I do think they're different enough to justify owning both. The blue aztek is really special! It is my favorite combination out of all the different SO flashes.

^^ I am the same....I have an etoupe birkin and waiting for a etoupe/blue aztek so flash as well!!! :smile: I don't think one can have too much etoupe...:P