Kelly Double Tour bracelet: keeps turning on wrist

Aimee3

O.G.
May 13, 2006
I've been wanting one for a very long time, but the stores I've been in have always been out of stock, except for the smallest size XS which closes around my wrist almost like a tourniquet! I've tried on the XS at 2 separate boutiques and each time the SA has said I should wait for the size S. Last month my daughter bought me a size S in the boutique for a surprise gift (don't you love daughters?). This is my problem though: it's got room to spare and is constantly turning around on my wrist. Is there a way to wrap it so that it fits a bit smaller? Or has anyone added something on the inside of the bracelet so that it's smaller? I'd love to hear what some of you have done to get it to fit better.

I had the same issue... kind of a tweener... xs too snug... small turned.
Long story short... No KDT for me. Sorry.

On another note...The rivale works in a small for us tweeners....

my wrist lost weight over the years (has to do with aging :P ). S KDT is too big, if u really want to wear it, stack it with something else
so u push it up the arm instead of the wrist which is the skinnest part of the arm.
idea is something like my pic. but wear it abv cdc.
this is the kelly necklace thou. so i below it at wrist for three tour.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 5,517
Can you get the KDT to close in XS? I wear the XS and it's pretty snug when I first got it, so much so that I hesitated, but my SA said it will stretch and loosen over time. Now, it fits perfectly and very comfortable. I just hope it doesn't stretch TOO much a couple years down the line. :smile:

My one and only KDT spins like it is its job LOL!

I was thinking that Robee's plan would work as pictured.....that's what I try to do....push it down on my hand with a stack. My arms are too slender to push it up high enough to make it work.

I've never seen an XS, but I know there will be no more smalls for me!

I have a size small as well and I usually wear mine with another bracelet. It's summer where I am at the moment so it tends to not twist around as much compared to when I wear them in the winter. I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it turning.

Can you get the KDT to close in XS? I wear the XS and it's pretty snug when I first got it, so much so that I hesitated, but my SA said it will stretch and loosen over time. Now, it fits perfectly and very comfortable. I just hope it doesn't stretch TOO much a couple years down the line. :smile:

Would it be possible for you to measure your XS from end to end so I could compare the size with my small one? Of course, now none of the boutiques near me have anything in an XS to compare.
I think every time I tried on the XS it was very hot out and I had been out shopping in the heat and my wrist was probably it's "fattest", lol.

Would it be possible for you to measure your XS from end to end so I could compare the size with my small one? Of course, now none of the boutiques near me have anything in an XS to compare.
I think every time I tried on the XS it was very hot out and I had been out shopping in the heat and my wrist was probably it's "fattest", lol.

Standard XS is 33 1/2 cm. My slightly stretched XS is about 33 6/10 cm (if I counted the tiny white dashes on the ruler correctly). So it stretched by about 1/10th of a centimeter. Hope this helps!

You can always stack with your watch and other bracelets as the other ladies suggested. Since my XS KDT doesn't move as much, I always use it as a buffer between my Love bracelet and my clic clacs so they don't scratch each other.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one struggling with this issue of extra tiny wrist!

i have an orange ghw KDT and an etoupe ghw Kelly dog which I love to bits but both are size S and both too big for me. I bought them out of desperation since they are so beautiful (plus I could never find a CDC, always sold out!). So I always end up turning the bracelet to its correct position every couple of minutes.. :shucks:

I just had an idea but I'm just too scared I will destroy the bracelet if it doesn't work. You know those "strippy strips" that foot petals sells? If I put one inside the strap of the KDT, it will make it fit smaller on my wrist. I tried it without taking off the adhesive. I just fear that if the strip warms up to body temperature, the glue could start melting and the strip would start moving around and making everything sticky. Maybe I could find silicone ones with the "built in glue" so there would be no damage?