Kelly Depeche briefcase

anonserg

May 17, 2014
Hi guys,

This is my first thread in the whole TPF universe.
Throughout the whole year I have been wanting to buy a nice small briefcase for myself after wearing out my Prada porte document I have decided to get myself a Kelly Depeche briefcase.

I am not a newbie to Hermes but I do not have any relationship with specific store as I bought my stuffs everywhere I go for work (scattered all over Europe mainly). I have been visiting local stores in London and also last week in Paris but so far no luck. A staff at rue de Sevres offered to order but that will take months but I really want it soonest if possible.

I have a month off in August while I plan to spend on going for vacation it would be lovely if I could also go for a Kelly Depeche hunt. While I wouldn't mind going the reseller route for a Birkin I find it odd to do the same thing for Kelly Depeche as I don't think the demand is as high as a Birkin (or am I being unrealistic?)

Should I order or I can actually get it over the counter at the right location?
Appreciate your help. TIA!

Edited: Just realised I may have posted this in the wrong section where it should have been in the Hermes: Shopping. If indeed it is, then sorry!

Last edited:
i think its rested !!! with the Kelly clasp..... i dont know why but .... i was told this some time ago when i asked for one in gold and they only had soleil .... not my business color so i passed

I belief it is easier to get sac a depeche. Kelly depeche is indeed rarer. If RdS store is willing to order for you, it is a better bet.

Sac a depeche is slightly mature-looking for my taste. When I was in Stockholm about 5 years ago the said bag was on display for a week with no interest from any one in their NK store. Bet the same cant be said now (especially with the many reseller route people actually buy just to re-sell ugh)

i think its rested !!! with the Kelly clasp..... i dont know why but .... i was told this some time ago when i asked for one in gold and they only had soleil .... not my business color so i passed

Gold? Soleil? Wow. I am actually looking for safer option in the darker hues but I am not sure how I would react when I see those colors being offered to me I might as well buy it anyway! :P

Yes I was told this is a rested model
Unless you get a fabulous sa to do a h worldwide search
Who knows u get lucky
Welcome to tpf btw

okay now i am feeling very nervous. Perhaps I should have just placed an order and continue the hunt with better contingency plan. Why are they resting this model?

Ugh I hate Hermes for their game of exclusivity and toying with their stock level. I feel like going to Moynat and get myself the Juste en Temps briefcase instead but the idea of man-able Kelly-clasp bag is very alluring.

Thank you so much guys for the help. My SA in Paris actually got back to me last week and confirmed that the model is still in production but they do not have readily available stock. However he did ask if I am planning to make a visit soon he might be able to do something about it so fingers crossed now I'll be crossing over the pond in 2 weeks we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again! xx

It seems a shame that this is now a 'rested' style.
Presumably the interest in it and demand for it must have dropped to such low levels for that decision to be made. Might it be that the limited number of artisans capable of constructing the Kelly design are now working to satisfy the demand for ladies' handbags.

Do members have any knowledge of previously 'rested' styles being reinstated?
To me the Kelly Sac à Dépêches is a much sleeker and more contemporary design than the current Sac à Dépêches which has such an ugly closure compared with the iconic Kelly system.

On the preloved market they are as rare as hen's teeth.
Are there many others out there who would wish to own and use one if they had the opportunity?