Votes: 30 68.2%
  • 2009 chocolate brown Kelly Danse with ghw

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters

Jolly Wolf

O.G.
Nov 6, 2012
Hello dears!!!

I am in love with these Hermès small bags. However I don’t seem to able to choose between them.
My options are:
- Brand new Halzan mini bag in black with shw
- 2009 chocolate brown Kelly Danse with ghw
Which one do you think I should get?

The only Hermès bag I own at the moment is a Kelly To Go Wallet. And I love small and mini bags.
I am already on the wait list for a Kelly Pochette.

Last edited:
I have two Kelly danse and one Kelly pochette and love them, I use the danse when I want to be a little more casual than a classic Kelly bag and want the convenience of the strap. I love my pochette but don’t use it as much as I thought I would as a clutch/hand carry. That said I still want a classic noir ghw for evenings! I tried the Halzan and it was a wonderfully practical bag, but i preferred the clean lines of the Kelly. Think about how you use your bags and what will be the more practical for you. For example you have a Kelly to go, are you ok with the opening/closing? Some people find the Kelly lock annoying thus the halzan may be easier. i would say the danse is less structured though, so think about which look your
prefer, and you don’t mention which leather which can change things also. Good luck!

Reactions: CMilly and MJJM
I have two Kelly danse and one Kelly pochette and love them, I use the danse when I want to be a little more casual than a classic Kelly bag and want the convenience of the strap. I love my pochette but don’t use it as much as I thought I would as a clutch/hand carry. That said I still want a classic noir ghw for evenings! I tried the Halzan and it was a wonderfully practical bag, but i preferred the clean lines of the Kelly. Think about how you use your bags and what will be the more practical for you. For example you have a Kelly to go, are you ok with the opening/closing? Some people find the Kelly lock annoying thus the halzan may be easier. i would say the danse is less structured though, so think about which look your
prefer, and you don’t mention which leather which can change things also. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply and the help!

I think the opening and closing it’s fine, actually I think the Kelly’s is more charming and different than the one in the Halzan.

The structure of the bags is something that worries me. My Kelly To Go is in Epson, which I love, because it’s very durable and carefree. But I think both of the bags I am talking about are made of swift leather, if I am not mistaken. However, Halzan seems to be more structured than the Danse. Here are the pics:

9D6CF535-AAEB-4879-ACC8-A26101508DCF.jpeg0C81D335-2FD8-4801-B430-1A18346DF15B.jpeg

Last edited:
My Halzan mini is swift Blue nuit. My Kelly Danse come to think of it is also blue nuit but I think Evercolor. The Kelly Danse holds more and is more versatile. I love the mini Halzan but the swift can show outline of something as simple as pen. Will post picture (tomorrow)if you like side by side... I didn’t even realize they were the same color. I love blue... but since the leathers are different they don’t really look the same

My Halzan mini is swift Blue nuit. My Kelly Danse come to think of it is also blue nuit but I think Evercolor. The Kelly Danse holds more and is more versatile. I love the mini Halzan but the swift can show outline of something as simple as pen. Will post picture (tomorrow)if you like side by side... I didn’t even realize they were the same color. I love blue... but since the leathers are different they don’t really look the same

Cool! Blue is a very pretty and versatile color! I am sure both of your bags are gorgeous!

If you could share some pics, it would be really nice. Besides everything, I’d to see your beautiful blue bags. ❤️❤️❤️

Reactions: mauihappyplace
Most of my blue H bags! Double sens didn’t make the picture . And side by side of Bleu Nuit Kelly Danse and mini halzan

And I forgot my Bleu Brighton B30

View attachment 4882005

View attachment 4882006

View attachment 4882007

View attachment 4882010
Wow! Your collection is amazing! Congratulations

The are very similar in size. They are so beautiful!
I love the way the Kelly danse is versatile and, well it’s a Kelly. But I cannot dexy the way that the Halzan is more structured.

Thank you very much for the pictures! Your bags aregorgeous!!

I know you already bought a beautiful Halzan -- congrats!

The comparisons above discuss the mini Halzan and the Kelly Danse, so I wanted to add some info about the differences between the Kelly Danse and the Halzan 25.

I have the Halzan 31, but it is a little too heavy for me and I don't wear it much. I love the Halzan, so looked at a mini, but it was a little too small for me. When the Halzan 25 came out I knew it was perfect!

I'll add a few pictures and some random thoughts.

Halzan 25 vs Kelly Danse
22C1D9F7-70CE-4134-B4E3-D36398DFB4CB.jpeg

Width of Halzan 25
65C0DCF0-38BA-42AF-A24F-F2982D7677A0.jpeg

Width of Kelly Danse
FFBDD268-6FFD-4590-A80A-33EBED72512C.jpeg

I was completely obsessed with getting a Kelly Danse and am very happy I found one. But overall I get a lot more use from my Halzan than I do my Danse. I tend to baby my Danse more as it seems a bit more delicate.

For me there are a few cons with the Danse.

1). My Danse is swfit and while I love swift, I am a little concerned about how the sharp bottom corners will hold up in swift. I like a crisp corner and I know that swift will soften over time. I have a swift Birkin that has softened over time but still has a beautiful shape, however the swift leather is much thicker on my Birkin. The Danse does come with the leather piece to put on the bottom inside of the bag to give it structure so that may help.

2). Both the Danse and the Halzan 25 are wider at the bottom than at the top, but the difference is more pronounced on the Danse.

The Danse width is only about 2 inches at the top and 2.75 inches at the bottom so that also keeps it from being able to hold much. And again with swift, the leather will show the bumps and bulges if you put a little too much in the bag.

The Halzan width is about 3 inches at the top and bottom, although where the straps attach at the top keep you from being able to use that entire width at the top.

Last edited:
I know you already bought a beautiful Halzan -- congrats!

The comparisons above discuss the mini Halzan and the Kelly Danse, so I wanted to add some info about the differences between the Kelly Danse and the Halzan 25.

I have the Halzan 31, but it is a little too heavy for me and I don't wear it much. I love the Halzan, so looked at a mini, but it was a little too small for me. When the Halzan 25 came out I knew it was perfect!

I'll add a few pictures and some random thoughts.

Halzan 25 vs Kelly Danse
View attachment 4895686

Width of Halzan 25
View attachment 4895687

Width of Kelly Danse
View attachment 4895688

I was completely obsessed with getting a Kelly Danse and am very happy I found one. But overall I get a lot more use from my Halzan than I do my Danse. I tend to baby my Danse more as it seems a bit more delicate.

For me there are a few cons with the Danse.

1). My Danse is swfit and while I love swift, I am a little concerned about how the sharp bottom corners will hold up in swift. I like a crisp corner and I know that swift will soften over time. I have a swift Birkin that has softened over time but still has a beautiful shape, however the swift leather is much thicker on my Birkin. The Danse does come with the leather piece to put on the bottom inside of the bag to give it structure so that may help.

2). Both the Danse and the Halzan 25 are wider at the bottom than at the top, but the difference is more pronounced on the Danse.

The Danse width is only about 2 inches at the top and 2.75 inches at the bottom so that also keeps it from being able to hold much. And again with swift, the leather will show the bumps and bulges if you put a little too much in the bag.

The Halzan width is about 3 inches at the top and bottom, although where the straps attach at the top keep you from being able to use that entire width at the top.

Wow! Lovely bags! 25 is the best size, unfortunately, my SA didn’t have any.

You do well to baby your bags. ❤️
Indeed, swift softens over time. I still have some pics from the 2009 Kelly Danse the seller sent me. It is beautiful, but the corners aren’t perfect.

E32FB1E1-353C-45E4-9F07-980A765BAEDE.jpegAE21EF5E-247A-4AC3-9A75-C09B70E846E9.jpeg47F107E8-554F-43C2-BB69-0E53D0CC58EA.jpeg016BC509-6B04-43A5-8ED8-8BAD2DCA878F.jpeg10479486-EEC3-4F7A-8F4A-73EB5E3B2E10.jpeg

You do well to baby your bags. ❤
Indeed, swift softens over time. I still have some pics from the 2009 Kelly Danse the seller sent me. It is beautiful, but the corners aren’t perfect.

That is exactly what I don’t want to happen to my Danse ! I don’t mind a softened bag, but the bag you have pictured has lost more of its shape than I prefer .

Reactions: Jolly Wolf