Kelly cut help

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I need everyone's advice:
    I got offered a KC - GHW swift , in rouge grenat.
    I have other non hermes clutches and this will be my first hermes clutch.
    My concerns are:
    1) Does swift leather age well? Is it prone to scratches? I don't baby my bags and like to use them. Also I have a kid , and am concerned if this will suit my lifestyle?
    2)The other concern is the color itself: I have a Kelly in RC and have been wanting a KC in a brighter red like RC or bougainvillea or a black.
    My local store does not get the clutches very often.
    Should I just get the bag and not worry much or continue to wait for a KC in another leather/ color combo.
    What would you do??
    Thanks for your input.

2. Hi divya,
    I saw a rouge grenat swift and it's beautiful.
    1. Swift it's a nice leather, soft and luscious IMO. It has a little shine but not too much.
    It does scratch quiet easy if you don't take care of it. Nails can scratch the leather.

2. I think RG is a nice red, not too bright tho. So if you think you can live w/o this RG then you're not in love with it. But if you think you'll regret it a lot, then I think you should take it.

KC is hard to get, esp in GHW , just saying

Let me know what you decide.

divya likes this.
  3. Sure stunner
    Sure beautiful
    Sure combo with ghw
    Sure rarity and hot

Lastly your nightmare

Sure to scratch unavoidable

4 pros against 1 odd
    Whats your bet honey

Go for it
    Unless otherwise wait for epsom

Txoceangirl likes this.
  4. I find swift durable, it's my least favourite for big bags, but they look great on clutches,

I agree that RG is a beautiful red, and would look amazing with GHW,
    I have a KC , and I find it very useful, can work well for day and night,
    If its very hard to come by, do get it, price is reasonable for an hermes bag , plus it's a rarity

divya likes this.
  5. Thank you ladies for your reply.
    I am heading to the store today. I will update here once I return.

6. I have quite a bit in Swift and it's a great leather even for bigger bags and it feels so beautiful. Total plus point it refurbs beautifully. The colour combo sounds stunning for a clutch.
    Good luck today!

divya, Txoceangirl and MSO13 like this.
  7. Swift is my favorite leather. I have small and large bags in swift and do not think it scratches easily. If it does get scratched you can almost rub it away. I have 3 and 5 year old daughters who both love playing with my bags and I have not had any issues with the leather. K cut is a great clutch so if you love the color, go for it.

Txoceangirl, divya and papertiger like this.
  8. I have a KC and Jige in swift and love how luscious swift looks. I made a slight scratch on my Jige and it rubbed out. Go for it!

papertiger likes this.
  9. Update:
    Thank you so much for all y'alls input.
    I saw the bag in person. I loved the leather but not the color. I was very sad to give it up
    My SA was very sweet about it.
    However I left with a few goodies .
    Thanks to everyone for weighing in.

10. Thanks for the update.
    Don't worry, if it does not sing to you then you should not buy it. I passed on KC B Saint Cyr because the color is not for me.

Hope we will find the right KC soon :smile:)

Txoceangirl and divya like this.