Kelly belt - yay or nay?

I am thinking of getting a kelly belt. Alternatively I would get another belt that comes with an adjustable waist band rather than a specific size so I can wear it over cardigans or with dresses. Do you find you wear your kelly belt a lot or recommend another model? I don’t want a belt kit because it’s size specific. I am a bit worried a kelly belt worn with a kelly bag is overkill (or is it just perfection!).

Go for the Kelly belt it’s adjustable and you can wear it with everything (skirt, jeans, dress, etc)

Reactions: Classy Collector
Bumping this thread. I've got this belt on my wish list and wonder if anyone who has one can tell me about it. I've seen a few for sale on eBay where the seller says that the belt has been adjusted and worn many times and is now loose. I would buy mine new from Hermes, but it made me wonder if the belt doesn't hold up over time and eventually will not stay the size you want. Can anyone comment on this? Much appreciated!

Bumping this thread. I've got this belt on my wish list and wonder if anyone who has one can tell me about it. I've seen a few for sale on eBay where the seller says that the belt has been adjusted and worn many times and is now loose. I would buy mine new from Hermes, but it made me wonder if the belt doesn't hold up over time and eventually will not stay the size you want. Can anyone comment on this? Much appreciated!
I wear mine all the time and they are still very tight. I bought my first one right when they came out.

Reactions: Classy Collector
Same for me. Basically the only belt I wear and no issues at all. They are all still as tight as they were when I purchased them.

I follow annette weber's instagram and she has been very enabling for the kelly belt for me :smile: I actually asked for one when I was at the FSH mothership store in late 2018 but they did not have any in stock. I am not sure where I can find one now that it's been out for quite a few years but I want one too!

I wear mine all the time and they are still very tight. I bought my first one right when they came out.
Same for me. Basically the only belt I wear and no issues at all. They are all still as tight as they were when I purchased them.
Mine loosens by itself if I breathe deeply or sit down, so I have to tighten it regularly throughout the day. I’ve worn it about a dozen times and it’s been that way from day one. Is that not how they are?

It’s not a big issue for pants with loops, but is a minor hassle when worn over my silk dress.

Mine loosens by itself if I breathe deeply or sit down, so I have to tighten it regularly throughout the day. I’ve worn it about a dozen times and it’s been that way from day one. Is that not how they are?

It’s not a big issue for pants with loops, but is a minor hassle when worn over my silk dress.
I don’t think that should happen. Mines are all super tight and it takes me quite some effort to adjust. I’ve owned 4, now down to 3 and none just loosen up when I e.g. sit in a restaurant and have eaten too much (I have hoped and tried but had to adjust the belt myself in the restroom).

I don’t think that should happen. Mines are all super tight and it takes me quite some effort to adjust. I’ve owned 4, now down to 3 and none just loosen up when I e.g. sit in a restaurant and have eaten too much (I have hoped and tried but had to adjust the belt myself in the restroom).
Thanks for the info! Mine is epsom so it could be an issue related to that. I was considering getting another belt in the adjustable style, so now I know to check that the slider is tight.
I will take mine in to my SA to check as well.

Reactions: pinkorchid20
Thanks for the info! Mine is epsom so it could be an issue related to that. I was considering getting another belt in the adjustable style, so now I know to check that the slider is tight.
I will take mine in to my SA to check as well.
I've only seen epsom leather in my store and online. I didn't know there were other leather options in the kelly style.