Kelly advice?

divagal01

Sep 12, 2010
Hi I need some advice on Kelly I am thinking of getting my 1st Kelly I already have 2 Birkin's 35 in Black and Etoupe. It's been awhile since I have been on the forum due being on a Ban island I am back and thinking of adding a Kelly I really need a bag with strap since I have 16 month old baby. So I 1st wanted to know how much is 32 in Togo or Clemence is USD right now? And what leather do my fellow TPF that own a Kelly like or have held up for them? And then what is a good neutral color in Kelly? Thank you I love to hear anyone input on this.

For price, check the pricing thread. last September when I bought my last K the 32 Togo was 9900 USD before tax.
i think if I were to buy ONE Kelly, it would be black. It's totally different to your black B. If you want to change it up a bit you could look for Plomb, a dark blue or grey, Rouge H, Gold, or for a light neutral Gris T.
My best-wearing bags are Togo, Swift, and Clemence in that order. Swift looks delicate but my Toolbox has not scratched or rubbed at all.

I like QF's advice on color. I don't go for black but there are some great neutral options that don't compete with what you have - gold, rouge h, or a navy color. I also like Togo if you want casual. I too have a swift bag but I do think they're better for the smaller sizes. If weight is an issue, you might like Epsom.

My 32 retourne kelly is blue indigo GHW in Clemence. It is a very dark navy that almost looks black at night. In natural lighting, it looks like a true navy blue. It's a great neutral! Have fun deciding!

Since you already have Black and Etoupe, I wouldn't go for another black bag. I would pick something more interesting instead.
With a little one, a darker color might be more practical for the Kelly though.
I am thinking a very dark blue (Blue Indigo, Blue Nuit), Etain or maybe a dark green like Vert Fonce? Not sure if you like Ghillies, but this season there is also a dark green Ghillies. Would look very special and beautiful in a Kelly.
As for the leather, I would pick Togo or Clemence. Both are very durable.
Good luck with your decision!