Kelly Advice requested

May 6, 2007
I have 35 Birkins, two trim bags and one clutch but nothing in between. I am debating a pre-owned Kelly for an in between bag both for size and function. What should I do a 28 or a 32cm?

How would you use the Kelly primarily?

Just to give you an idea of my 32 vs 28:
- 32 is a great day bag, roomy and can put in as much as a 35 birkin. It's a perfect sized handbag, imo.
- I generally don't like using my 32 for evening (unless croc) unless it's for casual evening events. Even with dressier leather like box and in sellier, I still feel like a smaller sized bag looks better in casual cocktails.
- I find the size difference quite significant between 32 and 28. Maybe it's a perception thing but I definitely scale down and edit my items for 28
- I use 28 for daytime but also when I expect to attend an evening activity and have no time to change bags so plus points for flexibility
- 28 is more lady like and dainty, no matter what colour or leather I pick it still comes across as a lady-like bag. 32 is much less "dainty" in overall appearance and can be more "sporty" (for lack of a better term)

How would you use the Kelly primarily?

Just to give you an idea of my 32 vs 28:
- 32 is a great day bag, roomy and can put in as much as a 35 birkin. It's a perfect sized handbag, imo.
- I generally don't like using my 32 for evening (unless croc) unless it's for casual evening events. Even with dressier leather like box and in sellier, I still feel like a smaller sized bag looks better in casual cocktails.
- I find the size difference quite significant between 32 and 28. Maybe it's a perception thing but I definitely scale down and edit my items for 28
- I use 28 for daytime but also when I expect to attend an evening activity and have no time to change bags so plus points for flexibility
- 28 is more lady like and dainty, no matter what colour or leather I pick it still comes across as a lady-like bag. 32 is much less "dainty" in overall appearance and can be more "sporty" (for lack of a better term)
thanks-i am thinking 32.... 28 almost seems like a dolls bag. i am 5'6" to boot

I love my 28cm BBK. It's Sellier and I think it's a great size. I can't carry as much in it as I can in say a Garden Party but for a box Kelly, I think this is a great size. I can fit a full size wallet, thin cosmetic bag (Coach wristlet), keys with LV Cles and cell phone. I can't fit my Chanel sunglass case though.

But I'd also like to get a 32cm someday. :biggrin:

I also like the 28 for its versatility and lightness, but you do have to edit. I have a BBK 28 retourné and even in retourné it does not hold all that much (and with box you can't stuff your bag unless you want it to start looking battered).
I think a Kelly (or two :smile:) is the perfect addition to your bag collection - more structured than your Trims, somewhat more formal and smaller than your Bs as well as being hands-free. Perfect in-between IMO.

in all honesty i get exactly what you mean since i had 35cm kellys and birkins but nothing that was not a clutch but had more space so i found my answer in the constance !!!!!! it fits my basic needs is very good looking in a obvious but not beyond obvious way and is really my true in between bag. hope it helps Darling. if not a 28cm Kelly is just right 32 is again a larger bag but 28 is beautiful !!!!

I also like the 28 for its versatility and lightness, but you do have to edit. I have a BBK 28 retourné and even in retourné it does not hold all that much (and with box you can't stuff your bag unless you want it to start looking battered).
I think a Kelly (or two :smile:) is the perfect addition to your bag collection - more structured than your Trims, somewhat more formal and smaller than your Bs as well as being hands-free. Perfect in-between IMO.
the 28 and 32 are so different! I guess I wanted a true handbag as an alternative to the bigger bags and shoulder bags. i prefer the appearance of the 28 somehow but it is a trifle small

the 28 and 32 are so different! I guess I wanted a true handbag as an alternative to the bigger bags and shoulder bags. i prefer the appearance of the 28 somehow but it is a trifle small
The 32 is a perfectly good choice...in sellier it does look a little larger, but still lovely. Are you sure you want box?

I love both sizes but if I only had one it would probably be 28 to go day to night.

Here is a picture of what I typically fit in each, everything in front of the 28 size (black) is what goes inside, and the items in front of the 32 are what I can add in addition, if that makes sense.

Sizing-what-fits.jpg

I love both sizes but if I only had one it would probably be 28 to go day to night.

Here is a picture of what I typically fit in each, everything in front of the 28 size (black) is what goes inside, and the items in front of the 32 are what I can add in addition, if that makes sense.

Sizing-what-fits.jpg
OMG stunning!!! What leathers are your Kellys?