Kelly 35cm for Petite Gal - Am I strange?

eunlee77

May 5, 2009
Hello, everyone. Happy Holidays!!!

I recently got a Kelly in 35cm and had a question for you guys. I am 5'2 and weigh 105-108lbs, needless to say I am quite petite!!! I wear all different sized bags though. But I do gravitate towards smaller bags. For Kelly, I got a 35cm because birkin in 35cm is too overpowering for my frame - and no straps. Kelly 35 would be my "bigger" bag.

My worry was that it was going to be way too big.

To my surprise, I actually quite like it. It looks chic. Am I strange for thinking this way? I don't want to be a fashion terrorist luggaging around a huge bag if that is what I am doing!

Anyone with petite frame that carry kelly 35? Should I go for the 32 instead? I haven't tried a 32. Would that look more normal?

It is a black togo retourne, btw, in phw. I need you TPF fashionistas to guide me!!! :graucho:

Help!!!

They are many pictures on tPF of petite girls with large bags and they all look fabulous. I think it all has to do with your personal comfort zone. If you feel great with the bag, then you look great with the bag! I don't think it is too large for you and the fact that it is retourne is what is keeping it from looking like or feeling like luggage.

I'm 5'2" and love my 35 rouge vif Kelly and the Kelly Flat (which I have in blue jean, and which is also a 35). They're both bright colours and I think they look great.

If you're comfortable, that's all that really matters.

Why not carry a 35? I think they look lovely on petite ladies. I also like the look of maxis and jumbos (Chanel) on small frames! I think the energy and confidence you exude will show through if YOU are comfortable carrying it! Rock that bag!:smile:

I'm 5'2" and a size 4. I had a 32cm Kelly. I would definitely consider a 35cm Kelly; it also holds your bag contents better than a 32cm. It would look great with maxi dresses. I loved wearing my Kelly with maxi dresses on vacation. Post pics; I am sure you look great with that size bag.

As long as you can lug the thing without damaging your vertebra, who am I to say what looks normal or abnormal?

(I can't honestly relate because I'm the opposite of vertically challenged.)

Wear what you love and what can be functional for your life! I'm five foot nothing and sometimes my life calls for a 40cm HAC and sometimes it calls for a 25cm Birkin. Enjoy your purchase and feel fabulous!

No I love larger kellys and it's not like I'm very tall !!!! Something about the symmetry and way the bag hangs and fits almost hugging the hip.Its just wonderful !!!!!

As long as you can lug the thing without damaging your vertebra, who am I to say what looks normal or abnormal?

(I can't honestly relate because I'm the opposite of vertically challenged.)

Lucky you! (from the vertically challenged peanut gallery)

But back to topic, if you can lug it. Wear it and rock it!!!