Kelly 32cm Replacement Strap

cjrv5

Mar 9, 2006
Hi all,
Does anyone know the cost of an Hermes Kelly 32cm Togo replacement strap in gold hardware? I know I'd need to bring the bag in for this and with needing an appointment right now and working full-time, I haven't had much luck getting one scheduled. I've unfortunately damaged mine but you can't really see it when worn (but I know it's there and it still bothers me), so I'm trying to figure out whether it's worthwhile or not. Thanks for any help!

Hi all,
Does anyone know the cost of an Hermes Kelly 32cm Togo replacement strap in gold hardware? I know I'd need to bring the bag in for this and with needing an appointment right now and working full-time, I haven't had much luck getting one scheduled. I've unfortunately damaged mine but you can't really see it when worn (but I know it's there and it still bothers me), so I'm trying to figure out whether it's worthwhile or not. Thanks for any help!
Hi! I am wondering the same. Did you ever find any info?

Update: I picked up the strap and accessories in mid-August, 2022. The store wasn't very busy that day so it was a fairly quick process to walk in and give my name for pickup.
FYI, the salesperson didn't assemble the strap/lock/clochette combination and all the pieces came separately, so some minor assembly is required. The strap came in its own dust bag and the lock/clochette/strap had its own bag as well. The receipt showed the following:

"Replacement Shoulder Strap / All Leathers / On Quotation": $650
"Replacement Hanging Cord + Clochette + Padlock - All Bags / Classic Leather": $310

Total cost for Chevre strap, cord, clochette and padlock was $960 plus 8.875% NYC sales tax.

I would have expected the Chevre option to be slightly more but it seems to have come under the "classic leather" category, which I would guess would apply to most common leathers. The craftsperson at Madison did do a very thorough inspection of the bag (approx 15 mins) before accepting the order and said that the order would have to be picked up in person, with ID matching the ordering person. Shipping was not an option. Happy to answer any other questions and hope this helps those completing their "set".

Also, the craftsperson indicated that black was an "easy" color for them because it didn't need to be sent back to Paris to be color matched, as black generally is black. She said that some unusual colors (long out of production?) and ones which had faded would require the whole bag to be sent back to Paris. Since she was comfortable with the color and leather ID, she said I could keep the bag.

As far as appointments, I called before I scheduled my trip and was told that an appointment wasn't needed. Same with pickup. It was definitely easier to navigate the store at a less-busy weekday time though.

Update: I picked up the strap and accessories in mid-August, 2022. The store wasn't very busy that day so it was a fairly quick process to walk in and give my name for pickup.
FYI, the salesperson didn't assemble the strap/lock/clochette combination and all the pieces came separately, so some minor assembly is required. The strap came in its own dust bag and the lock/clochette/strap had its own bag as well. The receipt showed the following:

"Replacement Shoulder Strap / All Leathers / On Quotation": $650
"Replacement Hanging Cord + Clochette + Padlock - All Bags / Classic Leather": $310

Total cost for Chevre strap, cord, clochette and padlock was $960 plus 8.875% NYC sales tax.

I would have expected the Chevre option to be slightly more but it seems to have come under the "classic leather" category, which I would guess would apply to most common leathers. The craftsperson at Madison did do a very thorough inspection of the bag (approx 15 mins) before accepting the order and said that the order would have to be picked up in person, with ID matching the ordering person. Shipping was not an option. Happy to answer any other questions and hope this helps those completing their "set".
Any idea if they will replace a strap for box leather? I don't think the leather is currently in production anymore as I've heard. So im not sure if that's something they can easily replace anymore.

Any idea if they will replace a strap for box leather? I don't think the leather is currently in production anymore as I've heard. So im not sure if that's something they can easily replace anymore.
Box leather is a classic that will always be in production
Its one of the heritage leathers.
Whether the colour you require is in production or not is another matter...