Kelly 32 Raisin Clemence or Natural Vache Liegee Leather Sellier Kelly 32

moonstone

O.G.
Feb 22, 2006
So I recently bought these 2 preowned Kelly bags thinking to use as my work horse.

1. Kelly 32 Raisin Clemence leather, Retourne. Bought for about $4900. Corners are good. The hardware will need replacement if I was to keep her.

2. Kelly 32 Natural Vache Liegee Leather Sellier, she is in perfect condition. Hardware still has plastic on it. Bought for about $7500

I can only keep one. I am having trouble deciding between the two.

Would love to hear your more experienced opinions?Raisin Clemence or Natural Vache Liegee

IMG_1493795888.762867.jpg
View attachment 3686962View attachment 3686963

Thank you!

Last edited:
the sellier is gorgeous and so classy. that is a beautiful bag in mint condition, i wouldn't let it go if i were you.

frankly i find the raisin a little "blah". i prefer raisin with ghw, it's a lot (as in the colour, not money rich) richer looking with ghw imho.

Reactions: hopiko and kemi
I love the sellier. She looks drop dead gorgeous, and she's perfect as she is. And the leather is amazing, they dont make it like this anymore nowdays.

On another note, if you are looking for a hardy-working bag or even a beater bag that is fuss free & less care required, the raisin k could be considered too. Its darker color and retourne is more relaxed & easier to get in/out of. The corners & hardware can be repaired by H, and the price is pretty great too.

I own Birkins in both these leathers and consider both to be excellent workhorse leathers, although VL seems almost indestructible! VL is more rare and was originally a more expensive option. Also, the VL is in excellent condition, and since I too prefer GHW with raisin, I would definitely choose the natural VL Kelly. Good luck choosing though, as they're both terrific bags!

I have a Kelly in VL and it is a really work horse. The leather is just beautiful yet durable. The kelly in clemence in your picture is also pretty but between your choices, I'd pick the one in NVL.

Gosh, I'm going to differ, I LOVE Raisin and that's a good price. Does it have a strap? What's wrong with the hardware? It also depends on what you need and what works for your frame - I have a 32 sellier and while it is stunning, it looks bigger than a retourné and is not so much an everyday run-around bag.
A dark bag and a natural bag are also two different color families in terms of what to wear them with.
If you want a structured work bag and can carry off the sellier, keep the VL.
If you want a more casual but still special everyday bag and don't mind the wear/possible repair, keep the Raisin.

Gosh, I'm going to differ, I LOVE Raisin and that's a good price. Does it have a strap? What's wrong with the hardware? It also depends on what you need and what works for your frame - I have a 32 sellier and while it is stunning, it looks bigger than a retourné and is not so much an everyday run-around bag.
A dark bag and a natural bag are also two different color families in terms of what to wear them with.
If you want a structured work bag and can carry off the sellier, keep the VL.
If you want a more casual but still special everyday bag and don't mind the wear/possible repair, keep the Raisin.

Thanks QuelleFromage,
I agreed The Raisin is more casual. It comes with strap.
The hardware has scratches and is tarnished.

IMG_1493834517.924039.jpgIMG_1493834533.693914.jpgIMG_1493834546.277934.jpgIMG_1493834560.335942.jpg

the sellier is gorgeous and so classy. that is a beautiful bag in mint condition, i wouldn't let it go if i were you.

frankly i find the raisin a little "blah". i prefer raisin with ghw, it's a lot (as in the colour, not money rich) richer looking with ghw imho.
Thanks, Loves. The sellier is definitely more stunning. The raisin is not as eye catching but more casual...

Sellier
This leather is superb
Most expensive for normal leather during its production

Thanks, Bagidiotic. bababebi said that this leather is more expensive than box leather when she authenticated it. She is very pretty!

I love the sellier. She looks drop dead gorgeous, and she's perfect as she is. And the leather is amazing, they dont make it like this anymore nowdays.

On another note, if you are looking for a hardy-working bag or even a beater bag that is fuss free & less care required, the raisin k could be considered too. Its darker color and retourne is more relaxed & easier to get in/out of. The corners & hardware can be repaired by H, and the price is pretty great too.

Thanks startprism! 2 totally different looks, hard to decide.

I can't speak to the durability/longevity of NVL but it really is striking. Keep that beauty!
Thanks Txoceangirl!

I have a Kelly in VL and it is a really work horse. The leather is just beautiful yet durable. The kelly in clemence in your picture is also pretty but between your choices, I'd pick the one in NVL.
Thank you, odette57! it looks like the NVL is the favorite.

I absolutely adore Raisin. Yet,if you want the quintessential Kelly look keep the sellier.
thanks zen1965, now I have to decide what looks am I going for. LOL.

I own Birkins in both these leathers and consider both to be excellent workhorse leathers, although VL seems almost indestructible! VL is more rare and was originally a more expensive option. Also, the VL is in excellent condition, and since I too prefer GHW with raisin, I would definitely choose the natural VL Kelly. Good luck choosing though, as they're both terrific bags!
Thank you, 27leborse.

I see your issue with the Raisin hardware. Polishing MIGHT help but if not, and it bothers you, you will need to add in the cost of replacement and the time your bag will be away.
I would put on a typical outfit for the use you envision with this bag and try both bags with it. One will "feel" better. It does sound that you are leaning toward the VL sellier.

I see your issue with the Raisin hardware. Polishing MIGHT help but if not, and it bothers you, you will need to add in the cost of replacement and the time your bag will be away.
I would put on a typical outfit for the use you envision with this bag and try both bags with it. One will "feel" better. It does sound that you are leaning toward the VL sellier.

Thank you for the advices. I really appreciate it. I am usually a casual person, jeans if I am not in the office. The Raisin actually fits my lifestyle more. I'll have to stop by Hermes store and figure out the cost of repair.