Kelly 32 in Togo or Clemence or Ardennes???

marbella8

O.G.
Jan 27, 2009
As some of you may be aware, I have been a little obsessed with getting a previously-loved Kelly 32 in Clemence, Togo, or Ardennes for a while.

I used to want Fjord, but I think now it is a little too matte for me. Anyhow, recently a great-priced Togo in black was available, and I didn't win it, and then I have been looking at a couple Clemence ones in black, and in comparison to the Togo, it doesn't look as pretty in the photos, in black. The Togo looked richer and more sophisticated for some reason in the photos, and the bags were from around the same timeframe, Retournes (which is 100%) what I want.

I have 2 Evelynes in Clemence, blue jean and gold, and love the Clemence in those colors.

So, for all of you who have seen and/or own the two leathers in black in real life, do you agree, or is it just the online photos? I am so confused. Also, what about black-Ardennes leather?

I have small kids, so I want a durable, easy Kelly I can wear with no worries of staining, scratches, etc., but I also want to be able to make it dressier for meetings, luncheons, etc.
Not to complicate my question, but I have seen a number of gold-Retournes in Ardennes and Clemence, and those are so pretty, but if am afraid those will get dirty if I use them everyday with kids? What do you think?

Please help! If only a green or navy one would show up with a reasonable price, it would solve my dilemma, but it seems especially the greens get snatched up fast.

Thank you so much for all your guidance in advance :smile:

Ardenne would be my choice specially in black. I had all this leathers and for every day Ardenne hands down. I have Togo 2006, 2011, 2013 and 2014 and I personally, like older Togo. My 15 years Ardenne Birkin still looks like new. Good luck with your decision.

I have a graphite lindy in clemence, 32 kelly in Ardennes, and 35 kelly in Togo. Both Kelly's r retourne and black.

In terms of stiffness, the most stiff first: Ardennes, Togo, clemence. Clemence is really slouchy. Have a JPG, and it cannot really stand up on its own.
Heaviness, the heaviest first: Ardennes, clemence, Togo
Thickness: Ardennes, clemence, Togo
Colorwise, my Ardennes Togo is more "black" compared with Togo. It looks shinier than the Togo. Even thou the Togo is black, it sometimes, under certain lighting, may look like a very dark grey.
Most friendly for everyday use: I like lighter bags for every day use, so I would vote Togo. But I think durability-wise, I would vote Ardennes, hands down!

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I just want to be sure I am not only one who loves Ardenne so much.
Ardennes is a killer, my dear! One of my most beloved. I regret everyday this one is no longer available. You'll not regret it. I would go for Ardennes anyday! Mine is something like 15 years old, and almost like brand new. I'm a sucker for Ardennes!

My goodness, then I should be glad that Togo I really wanted that was an E in a square, so 2001, I got outbid on, and I should pass on the Clemence?

So, should I do a gold Ardennes or Black?
I have a good-Clemence Evelyne, and when I took it on a trip, and generally, I worry about it getting dirty with stains, but is Ardennes less worrisome in the same color, or should I stick to black (or maybe I will get lucky and get my hands on a darker blue or gren one)?

Thanks for everyone's valuable insight, I really appreciate it :smile:!

Another vote for Ardennes, I just sent mine in for a spa treatment (it's 17 years old) and it truly looks brand new. I would buy another in a heartbeat.

My goodness, then I should be glad that Togo I really wanted that was an E in a square, so 2001, I got outbid on, and I should pass on the Clemence?

So, should I do a gold Ardennes or Black?
I have a good-Clemence Evelyne, and when I took it on a trip, and generally, I worry about it getting dirty with stains, but is Ardennes less worrisome in the same color, or should I stick to black (or maybe I will get lucky and get my hands on a darker blue or gren one)?

Thanks for everyone's valuable insight, I really appreciate it :smile:!
Between gold and black Ardennes, I would go fo black anytime. But that's just my two cents... Black Ardennes is so luscious, I'm crazy about mine! ;)