Kelly 32 Etain or Fauve Berenia?

Chloesam

Feb 21, 2014
Please help me decide. I am picking up a Kelly 32 tomorrow and I can't decide if I want Etain in Epsom or Fauve Berenia? Both are great neutral colors. I already have a Evelyne in Etain and it has been my favorite H bag. I don't have any bags with Barenia leather. What is your experience/preference in leather/color?

Lucky girl!!!!

Barenia, hands down. Especially if you have a casual lifestyle. If you want to see how Barenia ages, I opened a thread "My Workhorse Barenia Birkin, " which I do not baby. I wear it all the time. Use the search tool and you'll find it easily. I'm on my iPad or I'd copy and paste the URL.

Good luck with your decision!

Lucky girl!!!!

Barenia, hands down. Especially if you have a casual lifestyle. If you want to see how Barenia ages, I opened a thread "My Workhorse Barenia Birkin, " which I do not baby. I wear it all the time. Use the search tool and you'll find it easily. I'm on my iPad or I'd copy and paste the URL.

Good luck with your decision!

I'm with etoupebirkin! Here is the link to drool over the pics...

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/my-workhorse-barenia-birkin-pictures-869322.html

Run, don't walk, to the Barenia!

I would get the barenia since they are so beautiful and an Hermes classic. However, the etain would go with my wardrobe better and I actually like Epsom (my Epsom b feels indestructible)....so if this was my only Kelly I might the etain.

That's a tough decision IMO. Barenia is exquisite but it is one of those leathers that scratches by nails and touching other objects and such. Can you handle that? I have a fauve CDC and that is about all the barenia I can stomach bc it scratches/blemishes up all the time. The nice thing is, it develops a patina over time so you can actually rub out light scratches with the oils on your finger tips. For me, I can't do Barenia or Box leather in a bag. I'm entirely too sensitive to scratches and blemishes of any sort on a Kelly (water spots too). I admire it so much on others though... including Etoupebirkin... her Birkin is TDF! You just have to have a certain personality to own Barenia.... def not OCD about scratches hahaha

You already have an etain bag but a K and Evvie serve diff purposes. I personally love Epsom structure and the way it takes color. I find Epsom to be relatively care-free. Sounds like it will go well with your wardrobe as well. Many PFers have Etain bags and seem to wear them all the time.

Just providing random thoughts.... I really have no idea which to pick bc I don't know you personally. But it is a good dilemma to have :smile:

Let us know what you decide....

Last edited:
Barenia is the rarest of the rare - OMG - I would die to be offered this!!! That being said, it's not for the faint of heart so if you're ok with scratches, then please go for it. You already have etain so I would run and take the Barenia. In full disclosure, I'm not an epsom fan.

Last edited: