kelly 28 retourne or sellier

which do you prefer?

• kelly 28 togo retourne

• kelly 28 togo sellier

Results are only viewable after voting.
Depends on the leather. I love the softer leathers (Togo, Clemence...) in Retourne because they are more casual.
I think Swift only comes in retourne?
I love classic black box in sellier but it does make for a formal, ladylike bag.
Box in retourne can also be dressy and it's also easier to get in and out of because it's less stiff.
Chevre can go either way for me - I think it does well with both styles.

For a 28cm I think I would go for a sellier because it looks more formal and the bag for me would be mostly an evening bag. I would pick a smoothie in the leathers though, just to add to the formal, elegant look. I have never seen togo in a sellier round my parts...

Hi syma, thanks for the reply..I saw this pics, do you think they are togo sellier?:thinking:Thanks for helping:smile:!

Attachments

• 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,066
  • IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 808
Hi syma, thanks for the reply..I saw this pics, do you think they are togo sellier?:thinking:Thanks for helping:smile:!

I think the red is rouge vif fjord (maybe) and the other looks like vert olive (or a brown or black, the color is uncertain in my monitor) chevre de coromandel (due to the spine in the center of the bag). Neither looks like togo to me, but I'm not an expert.

I didn't vote because I like both. I have a 28 sellier, it's in gold courchevel with GH, a very ladylike and formal bag. I'd love to have a 28 retourné with PH in a casual leather, togo probably, and casual colour, blue. The gold one is too formal for some outfits plus I don't want to scuff the corners carrying it while out w kids, grocery shopping. I feel the retourné would be perfect for those occasions.

I prefer Sellier all around. I have 3 Kelly's: BBK 32, Noisette Chevre 28, and Olive canvas with leather trim - all sellier. It's so elegant, no matter if I'm dressed up or casual they look great.

It really depends how you want your kelly to be used. Sellier for formal, retourne for casual. I didn't vote as it all depends. I have 3 sellier kellys, now I kinda miss having a fun retourne one!

lvdreamer :ty: for your contribution!
Polaremil, thanks for pointing out the possibility to scuff the corners!
Hermes Nuttynut your sellier kelly collection sounds great,if you have the possibility post some pics!

Honestly, I like the shape of the 28cm better in sellier. It maintains more of a trapezoid shape, rather than slouching in on the sides like I see in some pictures. My 28cm Kelly is a retourne but in a rigid leather (VN) so it holds its shape. If I were to get another in this size, it would be sellier, regardless of leather.

depends on color for me....in black, gold or rouge h, i would do sellier
in fun pop colors maybe retourne.
i have 28's in both-can't go wrong with a kelly, at least in my eyes!