Kelly 28 or Constance elan?

lisawhit

O.G.
Jun 23, 2007
I'm having a hard time making a decision here....I keep going back and forth on which should be my next bag. Which would you choose? Kelly 28 or Constance elan? I don't have any constances, but I have a kelly 32 and kelly 35. Thankyou TPF.

the constance is having resurection momment lately and has marked its place among hermes iconic bags the elan is a better version to my taste of the regular constance but i have to say that if you want this style go for the celine version of it nice leather good look but , i feel the kelly is much more of classic perfect hermes bag you have three that means you like them and the constance is well in style classic hermes and certainly refreshed being the elan version but i would still go kelly . hope it helps darling !

Lisa, Hii!! How are you? This is a difficult dilemma. I do not own the Elan in the Constance, but I do have some 18cm Constances and Kellys in 28cm as well.

My advice would be to think carefully about the situations where you need or would like to carry the bag. At dinners in a restaurant I find the Kelly is a bit awkward because I cannot put it on my lap, and I dont like to put it on the back of the chair as it can get banged, so it usually ends up on the floor. It is great for dinners at peoples houses, or concerts or gallery openings or dressy lunches. Constance goes to dinner beautifully, can lay flat on your lap, and is also great for cocktail kind of events where it is good to have your hands free.

I think you would find the discussion about the Kelly versus the Chanel flap interesting, because the shape of the Chanel is similar to the Constance Elan and some of the same points are valid.

It is here: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/black-bag-and-torn-between-chanel-and-hermes-639829.html

It is a hard choice. The truth is that I personally could not live without my little Constance bags, I find them extremely versatile, and I use them more than my Kelly 28cm. Perhaps you would also find the Elan a very versatile addition to your existing collection.

Lisa, I'm loving my Constance Elan. I have a 28 Kelly on order, but am now wishing I'd ordered the Elan in the combo I ordered the Kelly in instead.

What color are you thinking?

^^ I don't have any problems, can be a little bit stiff at first, but as long as I use my fingers and not my nails it is a piece of cake.

While I love the Kelly 28 and have a few, I'm a bit enamored at the moment with the Constance Elan, myself. I love this new elan shape....so chic and moderne!

Having already a few Kelly's, I would probably spring for the Constance Elan.....

lisawhit: Agree with the others :smile: Judging from your avatar, I think a Constance will make a lovely addition to your collection.
I took the Constance to travel recently and it is also a great travel bag, can dress up or down.
If you're looking for a black one, have you considered the black enamel buckle Constance?

As for the buckle, I don't find the buckle particularly difficult to open & close.
It takes a little bit of time in the beginning to adjust to it.