Kelly 28 epsom sellier vs togo retourne

chocos

O.G.
Oct 12, 2010
I have my k28 gold ghw epsom for a year now but never use it. It is too boxy and i am scared of bump into something because i heard many stories about hermes can’t do anything to repair your epsom bag.
i think i want to sell mine and buy k28 gold togo retourne ghw instead..
Any opinion? What are your choice k28 epsom or togo?
And if someday i want to have gold in epsom color again maybe it is better for me to pick constance 24?

Last edited:
Reactions: celine666666
I have K28s in both styles but the my retournes are easily my most used (and abused) bag. I use it everywhere. However, I find the selliers to be prettier and more special. I feel that the selliers can be both dressy or casual whereas the retourne for me is purely casual. If I can only have one, I will pick a sellier.
Is there any way you can get the retourne first before selling the sellier?

I have K28s in both styles but the my retournes are easily my most used (and abused) bag. I use it everywhere. However, I find the selliers to be prettier and more special. I feel that the selliers can be both dressy or casual whereas the retourne for me is purely casual. If I can only have one, I will pick a sellier.
Is there any way you can get the retourne first before selling the sellier?

i have k28 black Togo retourne as well, and yes i use it everywhere. This is also my problem, if I change my gold epsom Kelly to Togo, I will have 2 k28 Togo retournes.
how is your Kelly epsom now? still perfect?

i have k28 black Togo retourne as well, and yes i use it everywhere. This is also my problem, if I change my gold epsom Kelly to Togo, I will have 2 k28 Togo retournes.
how is your Kelly epsom now? still perfect?
Yes, I have a few epsom kellys in both 28 and 25 and all of them still look like the day I bought them. I don’t baby them but I am not as careless with them as my retournes though. Maybe try using yours more and you’ll find that you’ll get more comfortable with it.

I have a K28 sellier rose extreme epsom and it's my most used bag. I actually feel less stressed about it in comparison to my craie Kelly and barenia faubourg Birkin. I don't have to worry about it getting wet, it's difficult to stain, and holds its structure well. Yes, it's more difficult to fix a deep scratch in an epsom bag, but you have risks with each style and leather. If you love the look of the bag I say start wearing it more often, you may become more relaxed about it. Then again, you do think it's a bit boxy, so it may be time to let it go.

I had a black Kelly 28 epsom sellier, sold it for the same reason. It's not that dressy like 25, and it cannot hold much due to the structure and leather. I got a togo retourne 28 instead, and later a 25 epsom sellier. I felt these are the best usage to me.

this! If i let go my k28 sellier i’ll buy k25 sellier in the future. In my opinion epsom sellier is better in size 25,perfect size than 28 or bigger.

Reactions: Bereal and mimi 123
I used to feel the same and tend to agree in parts.

My k28 retournes are my workhorse bags. No qualms about taking them on flights etc.

My k28 sellier are my beautiful babies. I've started carrying more and realise they are pretty robust. I think we have a deep fear of epsom scratches but I've heard the spa can actually do a lot to the bag to save it. I say enjoy but if you won't, find it a happier home