Kelly 28 - any regrets?

ashleighh2o

Jan 18, 2008
Ladies - I am 5'5", on the slender side, and usually wear 3" - 4"heels. I don't carry an enormous amount of stuff (wallet, sunglass case, small makeup bag and cell phone, few pens etc...), but enough.

I am looking for an everyday (not just special occasion/evening) bag and I KNOW the Kelly 32 is the one for me. I have the opportunity, however, to purchase a Kelly 28 sellier poro croc for an amazing price! Do any of you 28 owners regret your purchase and wish you had gone with the 32? I've looked at as many of the photos/links on the PF as I can find...I'm still torn. Will the 28 be big enough????? - Thank you!!

Ladies - I am 5'5", on the slender side, and usually wear 3" - 4"heels. I don't carry an enormous amount of stuff (wallet, sunglass case, small makeup bag and cell phone, few pens etc...), but enough.

I am looking for an everyday (not just special occasion/evening) bag and I KNOW the Kelly 32 is the one for me. I have the opportunity, however, to purchase a Kelly 28 sellier poro croc for an amazing price! Do any of you 28 owners regret your purchase and wish you had gone with the 32? I've looked at as many of the photos/links on the PF as I can find...I'm still torn. Will the 28 be big enough????? - Thank you!!

A sellier and in size 28 will be quite stiff and small in term of capacity but I don't know the size of your wallet, makeup bag, sunglasses case, so difficult to say. It's something you should think about.
But personally, if I see a Poro Kelly for an amazing price... I wouldn't be able to say no to that. :biggrin: And buy another Kelly32 later on to boot! lol
If you are going the reseller/ online route for this Porosus Kelly, make sure you get it authenticated first. Good luck!

I don't have a 28 but have a 32 and I am very very glad it is because any smaller would not suit my lifestyle at all.

So from that perspective:

I do not carry a lot; sunglasses/glasses (interchange with each other) in a slimline leather case, kindle, purse, pen, small moleskine notebook, lipgloss, a small material bag or a cashmere GM.

I also have a Maitai organiser which I love as it makes everything easy to see.

That said, a 28 is gorgeous and I would love one, but would not choose it as my everyday bag.

C xo

I LOVE the 28K!! I wish I could buy more!
It sounds like you carry the same amount as me. All that fits nicely in both my sellier and retourner 28s. The slight difference is that with the retourner, it's easier to access without the rigidity of the sides. In the selliers I have to make sure I organise my stuff well inside and can reach in without any fuss. In the 32 size, I just have that bit more room to add a notebook and my stuff is not full to the brim - I never overfill my bags anyway.
But this is all academic - I would definitely grab an exotic K28 sellier! It's beautiful in that size and skin - perfect for evenings but I would always try to wear my bags as much as possible so it could work to lift a casual outfit, accent an everyday dress etc.. depending on your style.
Lucky you!

I have a Kelly 32 retourné Clémence, 2 Kelly 28 retournés in chèvre, and a Kelly 28 sellier in croc.
I carry almost the same amount of things as you so not a lot :yes:...honestly the 28 size is enough for me.
I chose once the 32 size because I wanted a red casual bag, and it looks more slouchy/casual in 32 clémence than a 28 (in chèvre or croc).
I would say a 28 or a 32 should be great for you, just depends on the look you want to have :yes: !

On my experience the bag I use the less is the croc because of the skin (it rains a lot here)...and the one I use the most is a bicolor GT/black 28 : it goes with all my outfits, and Chevre leather is perfect for Paris weather:yes: !

Last edited:
Reactions: celine666666
I have a black croc Kelly 28 and while I have absolutely no regrets in buying this bag, I also have a croc Kelly 32 (in another color) that I admit, I use much more often just because it is more functional and the extra space makes a HUGE difference.
A croc Kelly 28 is beautiful but like a Constance or Constance Elan, I find that I do have to edit what's inside my bag, which is not always a bad thing. I would still buy a beautiful Constance (or a gorgeous 28 Kelly) in a heartbeat so for me personally, if I REALLY love a bag and it comes at an irresistible price (as you said in reference to this croc Kelly), I would simply find a way to edit my daily essentials!

I have a kelly 28 and I would say it's a perfect everyday size for me. I'm 5'2" and I carry a card case, a few lipglosses, cell phone, car keys, and sometimes sunglasses on a everyday basis.

the only thing i regret about 28s is not owning more of them because they are in fact very practical and very dressy you just have to take those extra 5 minutes in morning to arrange everything still it all fits and i too am a pack rat LOL this said i do find it the perfect buisisness lunch or buisness bag when on appointments outside the ofice. because when i bring my 32-35-40 they really seem bulky and make me look like a clutz trying to find a place for the bag at the restaurant or board rooms and i dont baby my bags still its very practical. and on the week ends its just divine.

all this said i must add my every day bag is a birkin 40cm because i bring a lot. note this is why i mention out of office use.

I have a Kelly 28 Sellier and Kelly 32 Retourne. I love both actually. Sellier is giving the formal look in most cases. I use it as evening bag to carry limited items (keys, small purse, small cosmetic bag, and a scarf/shawl). While K32 gives the casual look, I use it as day bag.

Yes that's why I sold them. Too small and prissy for me and I am the same size as you are . Very awkward to get in and out of ....for a small dressy day bag I would recommend a plume. 32 kelly is ideal or a 28 HAC or a 30 Birkin.

I would not use a poro croc sellier K28 as an everyday bag. My workhorse bags work pretty hard and I would worry with a croc that I would have to baby it constantly. I don't know where you live but where I live it is winter right now and I don't even use my K32 because I don't have the room in it to hold my tuque and gloves.

So while I would definitely own a croc K28 it would be because it is one of many pieces I have in my collection (as opposed to my only piece). If your budget allows, I would get this and a bigger Kelly. But if this going to be your only bag, I would pass.

28 is too small for me for an every day bag. I use mine sometimes on the weekend and for evenings out and I find it great when I travel (mine is togo retourne). But, your opportunity to buy this croc Kelly sounds like it may be very special so you may want to go ahead and get it and then get a bigger Kelly at a later time! Good luck with your decision!

Capacity aside, croc is not daily use material... With that said, it sounds lovely! If you have the funds, I would get this and a retourne in the future. Personally, I think a K28 in a less rigid skin and in retourne would be enough. I carry about the same amount of stuff and I feel like all the contents of my bag are swimming in my B30. I love the size of my K28 (clemence retourne)!