Votes: 106 48.2%
  • Kelly 28 retourne

Votes: 114 51.8%

• Total voters

honolulu168

Little sheep 988
O.G.
May 17, 2008
Hello! I recently got Kelly 25 in Sellier. I really like the size, it is compact and super light. I can also wear Kelly 25 crossbody with extended strap, which I love. my SA said that I can qualify for the 2nd bag after July. I am thinking of Kelly 25 in Retourne, but she suggested that I get 28 Retourne. What do you think?
I am very short, only 4'11". Will 28 Retourne be too big on me if I want to wear crossbody? How about the weight difference ( Kelly 25 vs 28)? I also wear dress daily.
Thank you very much!

I have all 3 bags. K25 Sellier holds the least, K25 Retourne is surprisingly roomy and K28 is wonderful too. Based on your size, K28 might feel large and overpower you on crossbody wear. I ordered my K25 strap that for crossbody sizing, specifically for travel.

If K25 works for you, then stick with it. Just because an SA nudges you to a different size, it doesn't mean you need to go there. I think this would be the best size for you. I would only consider a K28 if you find that you need to carry much more than your current K25 Sellier. If just a bit more or the same, stick with K25.

Thank you very much, Txoceangirl!
I only have K25 Sellier so far, which has plenty of room for me. I think I am better off to stay with K 25 Retourne.
Will K 28 be able to fit 8X10 papers? All the best!

I have all 3 bags. K25 Sellier holds the least, K25 Retourne is surprisingly roomy and K28 is wonderful too. Based on your size, K28 might feel large and overpower you on crossbody wear. I ordered my K25 strap that for crossbody sizing, specifically for travel.

If K25 works for you, then stick with it. Just because an SA nudges you to a different size, it doesn't mean you need to go there. I think this would be the best size for you. I would only consider a K28 if you find that you need to carry much more than your current K25 Sellier. If just a bit more or the same, stick with K25.

I think it depends on how you will use the bag. K25 sellier seems more of a dinner/evening size to me. I could not manage to carry it and access my belongings frequently and easily for daily use. K25 retourne would work quite a bit better, as it is so much easier to lift the flap of a retourne, and retourne holds a little bit more. However, if you are going to need to carry 8x10 papers, you may find the 28 suits your needs better. I think either size will look appropriate on your frame, but that completely depends on individual taste. Although I find the 28 sellier small, 28 retourne is quite roomy. K28 may feel larger than necessary if you prefer to transition your bag from day to night.

Thank you very much, Gettingpurseonal!

I think it depends on how you will use the bag. K25 sellier seems more of a dinner/evening size to me. I could not manage to carry it and access my belongings frequently and easily for daily use. K25 retourne would work quite a bit better, as it is so much easier to lift the flap of a retourne, and retourne holds a little bit more. However, if you are going to need to carry 8x10 papers, you may find the 28 suits your needs better. I think either size will look appropriate on your frame, but that completely depends on individual taste. Although I find the 28 sellier small, 28 retourne is quite roomy. K28 may feel larger than necessary if you prefer to transition your bag from day to night.

Hiya!! I was facing this dilemma this weekend...I checked out the k25 retourne and holy moly, it's quite a small bag. I personally think the proportions work on a k25 sellier but the retourne looks even smaller than a sellier...

I personally think a 25 is a fairly formal bag, and you already have one of those, so k28 retourne may make for a bit more versatility while not really going up THAT much in size

Hiya!! I was facing this dilemma this weekend...I checked out the k25 retourne and holy moly, it's quite a small bag. I personally think the proportions work on a k25 sellier but the retourne looks even smaller than a sellier...

I personally think a 25 is a fairly formal bag, and you already have one of those, so k28 retourne may make for a bit more versatility while not really going up THAT much in size
Thank you very much, Louise_Elouise!

K25 retourné will look smaller than sellier but hold more.

If the K25 sellier holds enough for you, no need to go up to 28 as the 25 retourné will hold even more. K28 will NOT fit A4/8 1/2x11 paper unfolded.
I am 5'1" and I think K28 retourné is the largest size I can wear if not wearing heels/formal wear/going for a big soft bag look.

K25 retourné will look smaller than sellier but hold more.

If the K25 sellier holds enough for you, no need to go up to 28 as the 25 retourné will hold even more. K28 will NOT fit A4/8 1/2x11 paper unfolded.
I am 5'1" and I think K28 retourné is the largest size I can wear if not wearing heels/formal wear/going for a big soft bag look.
Thank you very much, QuelleFromage! Can you wear K 28 Retourne crossbody with extended strap? Is the weight significant heavier from Retourne 28 to retourne 25? I also don't like heavy bags.

Thank you very much, QuelleFromage! Can you wear K 28 Retourne crossbody with extended strap? Is the weight significant heavier from Retourne 28 to retourne 25? I also don't like heavy bags.
I think heaviness is really relative. I don't find most bags heavy so am probably the wrong one to ask :smile: But between 25 and 28 I don't think there is a huge weight difference.

Yes, you can wear Kelly 28 retourné crossbody with a longer strap :smile:

I actually got a K28 sellier back in March and am debating between my next quota bag to be a K25 sellier or retourne. I am thinking exactly along the same line of the retourne style carrying more but also like the sellier look of a more formal bag.

What do you all think?

Reactions: honolulu168