Keira Knightley Thread

bag.lover

O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
=====
Keira Knightley voted sexiest woman in UK mag poll

Wed Apr 26, 7:17 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Actress Keira Knightley was voted the world's sexiest woman in a magazine poll on Thursday, beating model Keeley Hazel and Hollywood star Scarlett Johansson into second and third place respectively.

The poll, which British magazine FHM said was based on two million votes, saw homegrown model and TV presenter Kelly Brook slip to 5th from first last year, while Angelina Jolie, expecting a baby in mid-May, came fourth.

Beyonce Knowles was the sexiest pop star at number seven and Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova the top sportswoman at number 56.

FHM said the poll was the only one of its kind voted for entirely by the British public.
=====

=====
Keira Knightley Replaces Kate Moss as Coco Mademoiselle Face
Godfrey Deeny
Thu Apr 27, 5:44 PM ET

Fashion Wire Daily - Paris - The face of Asprey has just added Chanel to her roles.

British actress Keira Knightley is to be the new face of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle scent. The star of "Bend It Like Beckham" replaces uber, yet still slightly disgraced, model Kate Moss as the vision of the Chanel's five-year-old fragrance.

Knightley, who won an Academy Award nomination for "Pride and Prejudice," begins her new role with Coco Mademoiselle in spring 2007.

Judging from Chanel's No. 5 scent campaign with Nicole Kidman, the Coco Mademoiselle version will mean a bumper TV and print roll-out. However, the pay scales will be substantially different. Knightley's contract is expected to earn her over $1 million a year. Kidman's is believed to have netted in the region of $7 million from her Baz Luhrmann directed ad campaign.

Knightley's reputation for playing spirited, independent females in films made her an ideal candidate for a link-up with Chanel. Coco Chanel herself remains the female fashion designer with the most free-minded streak in fashion history.

Keira, who turned 21 in March, was the latest recipient of the fallout from Kate Moss' much-headlined alleged dalliance with cocaine use last fall. H&M and Burberry also dropped Moss, who had been Coco Mademoiselle's face since its 2001 debut, from advertising contracts, though the latter would appear to be reconsidering that decision.

After very pointedly checking herself into a rehab clinic, Moss managed to win contracts with Calvin Klein and Stella McCartney and Longchamps. But not everyone was prepared to turn a blind eye to her reported drug use, as this latest development indicates.

Knightley's first ambassadorial role in luxury was as the face of the much-troubled British luxury label Asprey. However, given Asprey's much publicized huge losses over the past few years and abject failure to re-ignite the label, her decision to tie in with Chanel, whose global beauty business in is understood to exceed $2 billion dollars, makes abundant sense.

=====

Yep, heard it too...she really photograhs well too. The pictures should be just lovely. The only thing...I think she is a bit too young for Chanel and to represent them. BUT, marketers are using all the young stars these days.

I noticed that as well name brands are going to younger faces. In some ways it's good but there's always the signature faces that goes with each brand that we'll never forget. I'm thinking they are going with the changes of fashion and with the new talent that's coming out. I think Keira would be perfect or maybe even Natalie Portman.

yea, I am happy for her. She isn't like the rest of the girls. But there is something about her teeth that always bugs me, they are almost like fangs...

But she was super hot in Pirates of the Caribean! Yay for kiera!