Keeping your puppy calm after spaying??

Puppies recover so quickly. Your little friend sounds adorable. I don't have any new advice, but I just wanted to say thanks for being such a great Mom for your little fuzzy pup.

i just adopted my little puppy bella from the human society and they require that your animal be spayed. from what i've heard pediatric spaying begins at 8 weeks, which bella will be next week, and its completely safe, and i don't oppose so please no lecturing from those who don't agree with it. i just wanted to know what should i expect her to be like after her surgery? how long will it take her to recover? is she gonna have to wear a cone? i know to keep her calm and no rough housing or much playing...but what else should i expect?

facebook backgrounds
| Free Backgrounds

^^Mine didn't have to wear a cone, but my friend's did. As far as her personality goes, she recovered the next day. The first day, she was so sad, and just laid around looking like she'd had the crap beat out of her. When I'd try to take her out to potty, she was so drugged up she'd just fall over. The next morning, keeping her calm was a pipe dream. I didn't make her walk down stairs for probably 2 weeks, and the wound took about that long to heal up (probably from her being hyper). I did have pain killers & an antibiotic to give her, but that didn't slow her down one bit.
I had to take her to a new vet recently (one that was closer b/c I thought she was sick), and they were telling me that they do a laproscopic procedure to fix them now, and it's much less invasive and the recovery time is substantially less. I guess it just depends on how the vet does it.