Keeping your Coach bags clean

blondeambitious

loves Coach Madison
Jul 20, 2010
hello all...

I am a newbie, and this is my first post. I have been lurking for a few days, and decided I wanted to join!

I am also somewhat new to Coach. When a co-worker told me that her beloved pleated hobo bag had some issues and she sent it in to Coach for repairs and they could not fix it, they gave her a credit for the full amount of the bag, I was sold! Any company who stands by their product that way is a company I want to give my money to. (Not to mention her bag was gorgeous!)

So....I just got my first 2 Coach bags...a Madison leather carryall and a Parker signature lurex hippie from the recent online factory sale, which my co-worker shared her invite to!

I want to take good care of my bags. Does anyone have any tips or tricks or any special products they use to keep their bags looking pretty and shiny? I am especially concerned with the silver thread on the Lurex bag....any way I can add extra protection to the bag? I feel Scotchguard would be too harsh...

help, please :smile:

Hey! Welcome to the forum!

I recommend Appling your bags-- you can buy Apple garde (a stain-resistant spray) as well as Apple Leather conditioner (ONLY for leather bags, of course) on leatherstuff.com.
They work very well (so far, for me anyway). I'd garde the cloth bag and condition then garde the leather bag. Just my two cents. :smile:

Oh, and btw, if it's white Madison leather, do NOT use the conditioner! I've had no problems with the conditioner except it turned my one white madison leather purse flourescent yellow (it was a gray/white spectator madison shoulder bag from last year). Just FYI. I feel it's my duty to inform others abt. this because it nearly killed me!

Hey! Welcome to the forum!

I recommend Appling your bags-- you can buy Apple garde (a stain-resistant spray) as well as Apple Leather conditioner (ONLY for leather bags, of course) on leatherstuff.com.
They work very well (so far, for me anyway). I'd garde the cloth bag and condition then garde the leather bag. Just my two cents. :smile:

Oh, and btw, if it's white Madison leather, do NOT use the conditioner! I've had no problems with the conditioner except it turned my one white madison leather purse flourescent yellow (it was a gray/white spectator madison shoulder bag from last year). Just FYI. I feel it's my duty to inform others abt. this because it nearly killed me!

Exactly what CashmereFiend said! Apple products!

I have a question. I am a beginner and hoping I am posting in the right place. I brought this bag in and my daughter put her fries on it. How do I get the grease stains out?
956a85194aa40767d002ce4e0671cf60.jpg

I have this bag and cleaning suede is difficult. You can try white vinegar, water and a baking soda solution and let it sit . Then use the eraser/brush kit for Suede and Nubuck. This usually works; it just depends on how old the stain is and how concentrated. If this does not work you can get the bag dry cleaned. But you have to tell your cleaner to only clean the suede bottom. If they use their chemicals on the patches the colors will run. (If you do not have a cleaner you can trust do not risk it.)

Reactions: DanielleShipes