Keeping unused bags?

jayohwhy

O.G.
Jul 31, 2009
I am trying to slow my purse roll and recently pulled the trigger on a basic black sullivan and a vintage satchel. However I couldn't resist and ordered a black Crosby from jax last night.

I'm thinking that I'll just keep it in its box unused as an incentive to lose weight and when I get halfway to my goal I'll decide if I want to cut tags and use it.

Is that weird? Do any of you keep unused bags? Of the bags you have unused have you ever realized it's not for you and brought it back later?

I am trying to slow my purse roll and recently pulled the trigger on a basic black sullivan and a vintage satchel. However I couldn't resist and ordered a black Crosby from jax last night.

I'm thinking that I'll just keep it in its box unused as an incentive to lose weight and when I get halfway to my goal I'll decide if I want to cut tags and use it.

Is that weird? Do any of you keep unused bags? Of the bags you have unused have you ever realized it's not for you and brought it back later?

I had a bag, that I had for around 2 months still had tags on
and I realized it was too big for me and ended up returning.

Unfortunately for me, I have a few, mainly swingpacks, that sit because I just don't have an occasion to use them all that often. They are great travel bags and I haven't done as much city traveling as I used to. I have one that I cut the tags to use on my last trip and ended up taking another bag instead at the last minute. :sad:

I wait to cut the tags until I use the bag. I do this not because I'm waiting to decide if I want to return, but I wait until I first use the bag so that it feels like a new purchase again (if that makes sense!??!) - and I can have that excitement back from how you feel when you first purchase a bag.

Usually, I snip tags and move in immediately, but I did keep my peony Isabelle unused, tags on, and in her dust bag all last fall and winter. I wasn't 100% sure she was a keeper until I pulled her out in the Spring, fell in love with her, and snipped the tags.
I haven't used my 4 newest girls yet, but have only had them a total of 2 weeks.

I have a few that still have tags. After a while, I have to decide if I really love it. If I still love it, I'll keep it even if I'm not going to carry it anytime soon. I don't return until I'm absolutely sure. That is what is so wonderful about Coach's unlimited return policy.

I think it is a great idea to set a goal and not use the new bag until you reach it.

I tend to do that too I am an impulsive shopper and end up changing my mind all the time. Here is my suggestion for you. When you see a bag you like don't buy it. Instead, wait a few days and if you find yourself still thinking about it you really want it. Then you should get it! If you forget it, then it was an impulsive buy that you didn't think through lol. This will help you not end up with stuff you don't really want.

I used to be terrible and use the bag when I get it then decide later that I don't like it and end up reselling it. Luckily since I have stopped this bad habit, I usually try in store and take a while to decide if it works for me. Has kept me from buying lots of bags that won't work for me.

Reactions: whateve