Keeping my Rouge Vif- or busting a CD??

ashley_brook

Aug 8, 2006
I am thinking seriously about selling my Rouge Vif First. :crybaby::crybaby:

I lost my job a few weeks ago, and I have only carried it twice. I bought a black Purse style Balenciaga from a pfer around the same time. I carry that bag constantly. I don't know. I am so torn. I feel like if I sell it I might really regret it. That bag is beautiful and in pristine condition. I have been tossing this idea around in my head for a couple of weeks. Which, therefore, makes me not want to carry it- because I keep thinking I should keep it perfect. But it was my first extravagant bag purchase and I bought it BRAND new. Unlike my black Bbag which I bought used. Some how, I justify using that bag more because it isn't perfect.
I guess I could wait, and see what happens with my money situation before I make a decision. But pretty soon, I might have to get into a CD I have. Which is okay.... that is what it is there for. Tough times. Balenciaga or busting up a savings. Dang it all. This is not good.
Thanks for listening to me vent.
;)
wah!!!!:yucky:

oh, i'm so sorry to hear about your job ashley, i hope you'll get a new job soon :yes:
i think if you didn't use it a lot, maybe you should sell it. you still have your black purse that you use a lot right?

Really sorry to hear that. I hope your situation will change quickly. Honestly I don't know what to advice it all depends on how quickly you think you will get a new job I would think.
I love my RV but when it comes down to it it's just a bag, so it's not worth growing gray hair over it.

:sad: I am very sorry to hear about your tough times! And I can relate because my husband got laid off for the first time in 2001. It was tough and stressful but we made it through and here I am financially recovered and buying designer bags. I just wanted to let you know there will deffinitely be better days. If the bag will bring you the funds you need, and you won't be losing too much on the sale you may want to sell it. You still have a bal-bag to use, and as catcat said it is only a bag. Just think how good it will feel when you get through this and can splurge on a new bag! The only way I would say it's not worth selling is if you lose too much of what you spent in the sale. I hope your situation improves quickly!
:heart:

I'm sorry to hear that and I hope things start looking up for you. But no purse is ever worth more than financial stability. If you end up having to sell it, you will find another Rouge Vif one day...when your bank account is full of money!

Hold onto that CD and sell the bag! If youre not using it anyway, it must go. Later when things are better I'm sure another bag you want will come around. Sending prayers your way, and hugs too!

Sorry, Ashley! I found myself in the same situation back in September. I sold everything that I wasn't using much (all my designer bags other than Bals). I would say hang on to it until you REALLY need the money - maybe your situation will turn around before that happens?

awe, i'm so sorry about getting laid off ashley :sad:...my husband was out of work for almost 2 years & it was so hard...one of my best friends was also just laid off & she's got a 6-month old baby at home...just know that things will get better :heart:...i've been having to sell off b-bags that i haven't used either...but unless it's the bag you treasure above all others, i'd sell her...one thing i've come to learn, is there's always another beautiful bag around the corner :tender: <<<hugs>>>

ashley i am soo sorry :sad: . I think you should sell the bag if you are not using it. It's hard to believe but it's just a bag (beautiful but a bag). Be patient and soon than you think, you will post a new thread with pics of you new amazing bag !

Ashely, I am so sorry to hear that and I hope things look brighter soon.:crybaby: Sell the bag. Leave the CD alone. That's what I would do and without any hesitation. There is a red in the spring collection that is supposed to be almost exactly like rouge. Maybe then you can get that one.
(hugs)

With all the bags popping up on ebay all the time I agree with everyone else that said sell the bag. I think when the new spring colors are here we will see more bags on ebay as people may be selling old to fund new. Things could get better by then and you could splurge on getting the bag back.

Ashley - I hope your situation improves soon. If I were you, I would definitely sell it. Rouge bags pop up from time to time, it's not worth busting a CD over. There will always be more Balenciaga bags. Savings is an entirely different issue. If you busted your CD, I think you would regret that more in the long run than selling your rouge. Good luck, sweetie!

sweetie... i am so sorry this is happening ot you. like the ther girls, i agree that you'd prob better off letting rogue vif go than busting your CD.
i hope things will get better soon.

Wanted to add my "good luck!" with the job hunt to everyone else's and have to agree that if you're able to sell it for a good price you should go ahead and sell it. Another bag will always come along and you'll be able to enjoy it instead of babying the bag because you might have to sell it later. :flowers:

so sorry to hear that ashley....i would consider selling one of the bags u have even tho i really hate the idea,.... oh well, hope it all works out for u sweetie :smile: