keeping burberry trench coat clean

mursepurse

O.G.
Feb 13, 2010
Hey all,

I'm thinking of buying a burberry trench coat and am debating over what colour I should get. I really want the trench colour, since afterall, it's the original. However, I'm afraid that it will get dirty, and fast? Is it hard to keep the trench colour clean? I tend to be quite accident prone (esp with food)... so... feedback?

I'd like to know too. I want one but i'm debating between black or trench. Leaning toward black due to maintenance reason but would love to own a trench color one.

haha, i tried on the trench color and realized it totally blends into my skin tone (im asian)... so im opting for navy or red :smile:

good luck to you though!! hope someone knows your answer ;)

alright so i just asked my friend who has a burberry trench in both black and trench

he said that the trench is not too hard to keep clean. worn about a year and still hasnt had to get it cleaned yet. the navy however, has to be cleaned more regularly because of dust/dirt that is more visible on that color

hope that helps :smile:

I clean it a few times a moth as it rains a lot in Norway. However this month I have only cleaned it once. I normally use an hour and a soft damp cloth. The cloth is a gift from mom and is normally used to clean crystal.

I got the red one because it was so cheap at the outlet but also because maroon is a sexy colur for my extreme light skin.

Ok story time!

I just got back from 5 days ridding the subways and hitting the pavement, central park and museums of NYC. I have to take my Burberry in to be dry cleaned from sweaty grime around the collar and wrists, black marks lower down from leaning on subway railing and smaller smudges here and there. This are all only visible if you look up close and I was so impressed by the fact that I had slept in it sitting for 6 hours on the red eye from LA to NYC, and the jacket looked fresh and crisp!! I stood up and said... "Now where is the nearest Bistro?" I am in love!! I ran into a lady at Sephora wearing a newly dry cleaned version of mine in black (I got my Burberry Brit from Nordies Anniversary sale in July) There were white ring marks transferred onto the button holes from the dry cleaner pressing over the buttons and powder smudges on the top collar where the powders she was trying on were clearly visible. The man she was with was trying to help her out and he was the one to notice by saying... What happened to your jacket! with the ring marks. I did note the various off brands of trenches in the city with the waist belts twisted all around the waist, the opening splitting awkwardly above the knees showing skirts underneath and an unfit rumpled collars. I just couldn't help being smug and proud in my perfectly fitted, pressed BB trench. :yahoo:
I did not eat pasta in it for good reason but I did manage to drip chocolate ice cream on the sleeve on the last night while sitting at an outdoor patio near Union Square. I took a clean napkin and was careful to make a slow clean swipe from one end to the other rolling the dirty napkin up as I went being extra careful not to rub it in and it was gone! The fabric is very stain and water resistant as water just beads to be shaken or wiped off. It was so worth the money and I also debated black, navy or trench. The sales girl at Nordies said she has 3 and if it is your first go.... go trench, you wont regret it and I don't. So glad I went with trench rather then navy or black because the trench tolerates dirt and everything so well and looks great with everything.

What a great story! Sounds like you had a great time in NYC.

I have the black trench but I think it's made out of cotton so it's not rain resistant. I haven't worn it yet, but can't wait!

Ok story time!

I just got back from 5 days ridding the subways and hitting the pavement, central park and museums of NYC. I have to take my Burberry in to be dry cleaned from sweaty grime around the collar and wrists, black marks lower down from leaning on subway railing and smaller smudges here and there. This are all only visible if you look up close and I was so impressed by the fact that I had slept in it sitting for 6 hours on the red eye from LA to NYC, and the jacket looked fresh and crisp!! I stood up and said... "Now where is the nearest Bistro?" I am in love!! I ran into a lady at Sephora wearing a newly dry cleaned version of mine in black (I got my Burberry Brit from Nordies Anniversary sale in July) There were white ring marks transferred onto the button holes from the dry cleaner pressing over the buttons and powder smudges on the top collar where the powders she was trying on were clearly visible. The man she was with was trying to help her out and he was the one to notice by saying... What happened to your jacket! with the ring marks. I did note the various off brands of trenches in the city with the waist belts twisted all around the waist, the opening splitting awkwardly above the knees showing skirts underneath and an unfit rumpled collars. I just couldn't help being smug and proud in my perfectly fitted, pressed BB trench. :yahoo:
I did not eat pasta in it for good reason but I did manage to drip chocolate ice cream on the sleeve on the last night while sitting at an outdoor patio near Union Square. I took a clean napkin and was careful to make a slow clean swipe from one end to the other rolling the dirty napkin up as I went being extra careful not to rub it in and it was gone! The fabric is very stain and water resistant as water just beads to be shaken or wiped off. It was so worth the money and I also debated black, navy or trench. The sales girl at Nordies said she has 3 and if it is your first go.... go trench, you wont regret it and I don't. So glad I went with trench rather then navy or black because the trench tolerates dirt and everything so well and looks great with everything.

Thanks for this tip! I've been holding out on the trench color but you've given me the push to go for it. What a flawless classic!!