Keepall damier graphite or monogram?

emmanuellectr

Aug 7, 2013
Hong Kong/ England
Have been wanting to get hand carry bag for my travels for a while and I have settled for the keepall 55. But now I'm having trouble deciding between the monogram, which I think is such an iconic piece and the quintessence of travel luggage; but at the same time I feel like the damier is a bit more modern, casual and less flashy (I am still a college student).
What do you guys think?? :biggrin:

Jan 1, 2010
Florida
As much as I love the mono keepall, I think the graphite is better suited for traveling since you don't have to worry about vachetta staining.

Dec 17, 2010
Have been wanting to get hand carry bag for my travels for a while and I have settled for the keepall 55. But now I'm having trouble deciding between the monogram, which I think is such an iconic piece and the quintessence of travel luggage; but at the same time I feel like the damier is a bit more modern, casual and less flashy (I am still a college student).
What do you guys think?? :biggrin:
As much as I love the mono keepall, I think the graphite is better suited for traveling since you don't have to worry about vachetta staining.
ITA! I have the 45 Graphite Bandouliere and I do sometimes lust after the monogram. But then I all I have to do is go on ebay and look at some of the ones that have been through the ringer and I remind myself that graphite will last longer AND it's less recognizable which I like. I carry it with my bloomsbury so it's like matching, but not really. ;)

I don't remember what sizes they come in, but a good compromise would be the macassar, you get the monogram without the vachetta. HTH!

coleab5

O.G.
Oct 22, 2009
East Coast
What about monogram Macassar? I was just going through the same dilemma and settled on Macassar because I wanted the classic monogram look without the worries of vachetta.