Keepall Bandoulière

act1980

O.G.
Jul 26, 2008
Does anyone own one of these? How does it hold up with travelling and storing in the cabin when flying? Considering a purchase but concerned about the light beige leather underneath as there are no studs. Also not sure what size to buy either, I’m slim and 5’4”.

TIA for the feedback

I just flew with mine and it was fine in the cabin. I have the 55 and it fit in the over head but its super heavy to carry and I didn't even fill it up. I am 5'3'' and I would have been struggling carrying it through the airport. I had two carry ons so I just held the handles and placed it on top on my horizon 55 and just wheeled it around. I was flying international and took 3 planes and before boarding my third and final plane they finally asked if anyone wanted to check in bags since it was a full plane and I had no hesitation because I was tired of lugging it around so I checked both bags in and it held up fine through all 3 planes. But I would recommend taking a rolling bag instead.

I would say it matters as to how you're flying. If you're in first class (or business class) - you're probably fine with the keepall 45. Personally, I use my Keepall 45 & 55 for car trips because I'm concerned about having to check luggage and overhead space. I purposely moved to my Speedy 35 to avoid any issues. I do think I'd be ok with my 45 most of the time on a flight - but I also don't want to fight that battle so I've called my Keepalls as road trip bags.

Echoing the comments above recommending The 45. It fits under the seat or in the overhead bin and can be really heavy. The 45 fits on top of my roller. The 55 is huge and easily fits in the overhead bin. The hubby uses that because he’s stronger than I am. I would never be able to lug the 55 around the airport on my own. Both have held up well.

Reactions: Loriad
I have the 45 in macassar. Just used it on a 3 plus hour flight. It fit easily under the seat in front of me and I pulled it out several times during the flight. It did get slightly heavy during the trek thru the airport and I had to be careful while boarding, but I am 4"11". I checked it over when I got home and didn't see any marks, even without feet. I really do love this bag!

Reactions: BULL
Thanks so much for all the replies. I’m also considering the Speedy 40 B as it’s slightly smaller and doesn’t have the light leather strips that go underneath. They kinda make me nervous. Thoughts on the Speedy 40 B vs the Keepall?

Reactions: M_Butterfly