Keepall 55 vs Keepall 60! What do you think?

MrsKaufman

Nov 29, 2011
In 2012, my husband and I plan on taking a lot of trips, namely little weekend trips to islands or other US cities! He wants to buy Keepall 60s (mon monogram for me and Damier Ebene for himself)! I went to see the Keepall 60s and they are ridiculously big and I don't think it would be considered a carry-on bag! I suggested we get Keepall 55s instead which are still large and the SA said we shouldn't have any issues putting it overhead in the planes!

What do you think? I need some opinions from Keepall owners or from those who know better than me!! :smile:

Well, I don't own a Keepall... but I think you should go with the 55. It sounds like it is definitely big enough. Plus I wouldn't like the fact that I couldn't bring the 60 with me as a carry-on. I think if you get the 55, you will have plenty of room for what you need, and you will still be able to keep it with you on the plane :smile:

I own a 55... It's large but not so large that you'll have to check it. I would not weigh it down or you'll find your self dragging in the airport. The Ebene would be better for wear and weather issues. I would suggest that you get the Ebene and your DH the Graphite IMO. :biggrin:(I have a Mono and the vanchetta can be a pain when taking into consideration unexpected wet weather...:sad:)

luxurista said:
Well, I don't own a Keepall... but I think you should go with the 55. It sounds like it is definitely big enough. Plus I wouldn't like the fact that I couldn't bring the 60 with me as a carry-on. I think if you get the 55, you will have plenty of room for what you need, and you will still be able to keep it with you on the plane :smile:

That's how I feel!

TokyoBagQueen said:
I own a 55... It's large but not so large that you'll have to check it. I would not weigh it down or you'll find your self dragging in the airport. The Ebene would be better for wear and weather issues. I would suggest that you get the Ebene and your DH the Graphite IMO. :biggrin:(I have a Mono and the vanchetta can be a pain when taking into consideration unexpected wet weather...:sad:)

Hmm.....I might take that into consideration!! Thanks love!

I own a 55 in mono...love it! My review after one use…

• I didn't have any issues taking in onto the plane; it fit perfectly in the overhead compartment.
• It got heavy walking through the airport, so I would suggest you get the one with a strap (which was suggested to me also...glad I listened. I carried it cross-body most of the time.
• If you are a heavy packer (like me), you can’t really fit more than 2 or 3 day’s worth of clothes, toiletries, etc. in the bag. I ended up taking a second bag for the rest of my stuff for my week-long trip.
• I was paranoid about sitting it on the ground, because I didn’t want to get the vachetta dirty. I considered getting the damier so I wouldn’t have to worry about that, but I thought it looked a little to masculine for me. Glad I went t with the mono.
• I’m not sure that I will take this to the airport too many more times. It will be my road trip bag.

I hope you and your husband enjoy your bags. Safe travels in the New Year!

Bought a 55 for a friend recently, so got to look it over thoroughly at the store first. I am a super heavy packer and would prob want the 60, but given that it might not fit overhead id say go for the 55.

I bought a 45 because I was afraid the 55 would get too heavy. If yo go with the 55, definately get the one with the shoulder strap! I've only hand carried mine on road trips so far but already know I will defiantly be using the shoulder strap walking around the airport. Carrying the 45 just from the car, through the hotel lobby, up the elevator to the room was starting to bother me!

I have both and I have successfully carried both as a carry-on. The only thing is when I flew with the 60, it wasn't fully packed but with the 55, it was packed to the fullest. To be safe, I say get the 55 especially if you are flying overseas. Mono mon for you and Damier Ebene or Graphite for hubby :smile: Good luck and please don't forget to do a reveal.

I have both and I have successfully carried both as a carry-on. The only thing is when I flew with the 60, it wasn't fully packed but with the 55, it was packed to the fullest. To be safe, I say get the 55 especially if you are flying overseas. Mono mon for you and Damier Ebene or Graphite for hubby :smile: Good luck and please don't forget to do a reveal.

Thank you honey!! ;)

i have the 50 with a strap and it does get heavy even when packed with just clothing. and i bought mine pre-loved: i knew i would obsess over the vanchetta of a new bag but if i bought one that was already broken in, that had a few "scars" here and there i wouldn't be tempted to baby it. that worked out well for me, i just treat it like luggage. which is a good thing because this last trip we went on my Keepall got rained on. if it had been new i would have had a heart attack. instead, i just shrugged it off.

I was having this debate but have settled on the 55. I've heard generally you can't check the 60 if you ever decide to fly with it (although as with everything there are exceptions), and from what I've seen and read, the 60 is just wayy too big for the normal uses, and would probably become way too heavy if packed to the gills!

Hi Ladies
I am new to this forum so hello all.
Just my two penneth as they say but have you considered the Eole 50 in Damier. I think it is quite an unusual but beautiful piece. The advantage of wheels are a big consideration for me as I hate being laden down with a heavy bag.
Obviously any and all are a beautiful choice however.
Look forward to hearing on what you decide, and to see modelling pics.

I have 5 Keepalls. The 60 is too big as a carry-on; they will make you check it and we know what happens to checked luggage. A 55 and a 50, one of each, would make a nice pairing and you could mix and match patterns/leathers to your taste. If you want a shoulder strap, that futher reduces your choice, as only certain sizes offer straps (bandolières.) I do have issues with setting a bag down in the rain or snow, or even a dirty parking lot. I think carrying by strap would get really heavy really fast, but would be handy to prevent the situation just described. Keepalls of course are perfect for road trips - riding in the carpeted boot of your vintage convertible, bellhop unloading at the hotel. They are also great when sailing - squishy and malleable as everything needs to be on a boat. This is where the waterproof one comes in handy. It's got a great masculine look in case your husband is concerned. Oh, and if you can find this one (below), lock it in a vault and donate it to a museum in ten years for a great tax deduction!

Attachments

• louis-vuitton-edun-duffle-bag.jpg
    louis-vuitton-edun-duffle-bag.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 8,719