Keepall 45 as a day bag..?

FrankieP

O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
Hi all, I've been consistently having impure thoughts about the Macassar Keepall 45 since it came out, and discovered upon playing with it at the boutique over the weekend that these lustings have clearly not abated over the last two years! :drool:

So I'm seriously trying to justify its purchase by considering usability for more than only weekender duties, and am wondering how many of you use the Keepall 45 as a day bag or work bag and what your thoughts on this are.

Does it work as work bag, or does everything - laptop, papers, diaries - slop around annoyingly in the one big compartment? Outside of work, does it slouch enough carried by the strap to look alright for cruising around the city on a shopping mission? I'm imagining it would be convenient for having a sweater, camera, and purchases in there, and don't mind a bit of slouch.. but is it just too big?? For reference I'm female, 5'7", small framed.

11ahlxg.jpg

331krbm.jpg

I am 5 9 and can carry a 40 everyday, I think it is fine. I really do think the 45 is just too big. I have tried it and just cant get it to be ok. Sorry, that my thoughts. Good luck deciding.

Thanks for your thoughts - perhaps it would be more for lots-of-stuff work days and weekender carry-on duties rather than city shopping fests. I love the 40 size but of course the make no Macassar Speedy Bandouliere.. :sad:

IMO if you've wanted it for 2 years and after seeing it in the store, I say go for it!! You can use as a work bag, weekender, carry on, gym bag (although I wouldn't do that). It's beautiful and I think you would definitely find ways to use it :smile: Good luck with your decision!

Make it work! Why not? I am 5'10" and fell in love with the 40. All my friends said it was too big. That it was a gym bag. I bought it anyway and use it as an everyday bag, work bag, travel, weekender...and anytjing else I can think of. I love it! When I need the room, I have it. When I don't, the bag sits nicely on my shoulder with very little in it. There is nothing wrong with being creative with your choices. You like it, I think that's all that matters. I say go for it!

If you carry enough that you need a big bag like this, I don't see anything wrong with it. I see people all the time with Keepalls and no separate bag (although it might be convenient to have a small bag inside with just the essentials to take to lunch or whatever and leave the big bag at your desk).

Make it work! Why not? I am 5'10" and fell in love with the 40. All my friends said it was too big. That it was a gym bag. I bought it anyway and use it as an everyday bag, work bag, travel, weekender...and anytjing else I can think of. I love it! When I need the room, I have it. When I don't, the bag sits nicely on my shoulder with very little in it. There is nothing wrong with being creative with your choices. You like it, I think that's all that matters. I say go for it!

I'm 5'11 and I have a 40 too! Everyone said the same thing, but its my go to bag. I agree, if you have been wanting it for 2 years go for it! Only you can decide whether its too big or too small :biggrin:

i have speeds in 30, speedy b in 35 and 40... i tried the keepall 45 but found it too big for a daily use... believe me 40 is big enough and it fits so many things.. 45 keep all would fit a male better in my opinion.. but for female 40 will be much more versatile.. just my 2 cents:smile: