Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Thank you so much for all the sweet comments, ladies! I got a little teary reading this thread, there are so many wonderful gals on tPF!

Boyfriend hasn't heard back from the firm yet, so STILL waiting :Push: But I'll report back as soon as I hear!

Well, he didn't get it, and now I'm, well, :crybaby: . I guess there were 20 candidates for the one position and the firm went with a more experienced lawyer. So now he's back where he started, with a sense of how steep the competition is in this area. It's seriously going to take a miracle for him to get a job down here, and I'm starting to lose hope.

I've got to call him tonight and give him one of those "knock on every door, don't give up!" pep talks when I really feel like saying "listen, go find yourself a great job and a nice girl in Chicago and have a happy life. we may never be in the same place long enough to see if things will work out." I mean, I love him, but after I'm done with my degree I have to find a job, which will probably entail some moving for a few years at least. I want to say that we should work through any obstacle, any distance, but I don't know if that's simply delusional anymore. Anyway, gotta talk it out with him, but I'm really bummed at the moment. I really was hoping for the happy ending.

Well, he didn't get it, and now I'm, well, :crybaby: .
Aw :sad: Sorry to hear that.

I had a long distance "boyfriend" just up and move here for me only 2 months after I met him without getting a job or a place or anything first. (After I told him not to at least 5 times) Turns out his life acomplishment thus far was failing at suicide 19 times... :hysteric:

GOOD STORY, Right??? haha.