Keep this color?

D3183

May 6, 2013
Over the weekend, I texted with an SA who sent me photos of a beautiful dark blue cerf tote. I decided to purchase it, sight unseen, and it arrived today.

First off, let me say that I LOVE the color. It's beautiful. But - it's lighter than it appeared to be in the photos that the SA sent. I'm concerned that I won't be able to care for it. I'm 24 weeks pregnant and also have been known to not be super careful with my bags, though I don't fling them around in the mud or anything. Black is my normal go to and now I am concerned that I should go with the black one so I don't have to worry about it.

Any input? Does anybody have a bag that is this color or similar? Is it easy to care for? Should I just exchange it for black?

Here is the color. I took this photo with sunlight streaming right into the window, so it's probably a little darker than this in reality.

Thank you for any help!

Attachments

• 20140513_145638.jpg
    20140513_145638.jpg
    707.8 KB · Views: 424
It's still quite a dark colour and a grained leather so I think it won't be too bad for showing marks. The blue looks lovely with the silver hardware. I like it very much and it's a change from black. :smile:

Over the weekend, I texted with an SA who sent me photos of a beautiful dark blue cerf tote. I decided to purchase it, sight unseen, and it arrived today.

First off, let me say that I LOVE the color. It's beautiful. But - it's lighter than it appeared to be in the photos that the SA sent. I'm concerned that I won't be able to care for it. I'm 24 weeks pregnant and also have been known to not be super careful with my bags, though I don't fling them around in the mud or anything. Black is my normal go to and now I am concerned that I should go with the black one so I don't have to worry about it.

Any input? Does anybody have a bag that is this color or similar? Is it easy to care for? Should I just exchange it for black?

Here is the color. I took this photo with sunlight streaming right into the window, so it's probably a little darker than this in reality.

Thank you for any help!
Blue is beautiful! You can always get black but blue is seasonal so you may regret not keeping it. It's still dark enough not to cause any problems. Congrats!

Thank you everyone for your input! I think I will keep the blue and maybe save up for black later on. :smile: I really do love the color so if I have to be just a bit careful, I guess that's OK!

I think the color is very nice. I have a black cerf tote and I have used it as a diaper bag for the last 3 years( my kiddos are 4 and 2). It still looks almost new. And the funny thing is because I carry so much kids stuff and the bag stays pretty full with changes of clothes, bottles (though I put them in ziplock bags before putting them in my cerf tote)diapers and toys etc that it hasn't even lost it's shape! It's really my most functional chanel.

I think the color is very nice. I have a black cerf tote and I have used it as a diaper bag for the last 3 years( my kiddos are 4 and 2). It still looks almost new. And the funny thing is because I carry so much kids stuff and the bag stays pretty full with changes of clothes, bottles (though I put them in ziplock bags before putting them in my cerf tote)diapers and toys etc that it hasn't even lost it's shape! It's really my most functional chanel.

I'm glad to hear that it works well for this purpose! Right now I don't carry enough to stuff it, but I'm guessing once the baby comes I'll have plenty to lug around. :smile: