Keep or Trade Keepall?!

LVBrett

Gay LV Lova & Guru!
Feb 16, 2009
Hi everyone! So I have an opinion question... I have a Keepall 60 W/ Strap circa 1995 (according to my SA) that I bought on Ebay in 04. It really has a GORGEOUS perfect honey patina and I've had the tag hot stamped w/ my initials.

Since then I've bought a Trousse Toilette, Garment Bag and a Pegase 60 to accompany it. The garment bag is very slightly used and the Pegase was brand new and hardly has a patina at all.

So your opinion, should I sell the Keepall and buy a new one with the money (I also have some $ on a gift certificate) so they all age and patina in the same general progression or should I keep it? I do have an attachment as I have taken it on many trips, however all of the patina isn't from me so I feel as if maybe I should buy a new one to create my own patina..

Ugh I can't decide!!!

I'm a guy and can't splurge on a handbag so luggage is my option.

What do you all think?! Let me know..

I might post pics later.. the color differences are so different!

Last edited:
If it's in good condition with great patina I'd keep it...
Maybe you should go to the store and check a brand new keepall 60, there are a lot of people complaining about how the canvas is thinner now or crooked stitching, so go check one and decide if you like yours better or really want a brand new one
Good luck!

Keep it. You won't have to worry about the patina at all. Once you get a patina on a bag like that, spots don't show. What if you buy a new one and get a water mark before it has a chance to patina. It could be permanent and you'll be so sorry. Keep the gorgeous one.