Keep or sell?

jp23

jeska2333
O.G.
Jan 6, 2012
I recently bought a small celine trapeze! Black on black with silver hardware and it is BEAUTIFUL! But I find that it's kind of hard to manage. I'm a bit paranoid about the suede I'm always babying it. I also hate that I can't open the bag unless it's on a table or counter because everything sorta falls out! I'm also worried about how it will age I really want it to keep its shape too and I'm worried about the leather softening with age. Despite all of this I love when I have it on it's stunning. It's so chic and stylish, I feel it's a bag that I can wear forever. Also since I work at a department store I was able to purchase it at half price. So I could easily get my money back if I were to sell it but I would honestly not want any other bag. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks!

I can definitely relate to this post with my trapeze. It's so beautiful, I just hate to think of anything happening to it. For half price, though, you definitely have to keep it, and just accept that beautiful bags are meant to be used. Any flaws will just add character.

You can spray it with Collonil and use a leather cleaner to keep it looking nice. You can use a bag organizer to help it keep its shape. And you can button the flaps and keep it half-zipped so it doesn't flop open every time you go into it. Also, I find that using the shoulder strap whenever possible makes it easier to open, and will keep the top from losing its shape. Hope this helps!

I recently bought a small celine trapeze! Black on black with silver hardware and it is BEAUTIFUL! But I find that it's kind of hard to manage. I'm a bit paranoid about the suede I'm always babying it. I also hate that I can't open the bag unless it's on a table or counter because everything sorta falls out! I'm also worried about how it will age I really want it to keep its shape too and I'm worried about the leather softening with age. Despite all of this I love when I have it on it's stunning. It's so chic and stylish, I feel it's a bag that I can wear forever. Also since I work at a department store I was able to purchase it at half price. So I could easily get my money back if I were to sell it but I would honestly not want any other bag. Any advice or suggestions? Thanks!
OMG I can't imagine myself can buy Celine bag for half price!?! I'm so jealous LOL. Black Trapeze is a unique and classic bag and with the price you paid, I would definitely recommend you to keep it.

I say keep :smile:
I have the same small black/silver Trapeze and it's not a workhorse bag but perfect for certain outfits, occasions and moods. Yes it has some drawbacks but on balance it's a great bag.

you should keep it and see how you like it for a while. even if you sold it slightly used you would get at least what you paid or more!

i always eye girls who carry this bag but can never take the plunge myself!

Sell it, don't feel pressured to keep it because you got it at a good price. Get something else you like & not worry about babying it, for example a black nano. It's so chic & stylish!

Last edited: