Keep or Not? High waisted plaid skirt

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought this skirt at Zara over the weekend but I am not sure about it. It is definitely meant to be for Fall/Winter since it is thick.

Can this skirt be worn with tights/pumps or knee high boots in the fall/winter?

I also think that the pattern and texture might be a bit overwhelming?

What do you think?? I'd love to hear your opinions!

TIA!

Attached Files:

2. I have mixed feelings about this one. I like the pattern, but I could see it being overwhelming, as well as not. I guess it just depends on choosing the right outfit to go with it. I think it can be worn with tights, pumps or knee high boots!

3. It's cute! It'd look adorable with opaque black or gray tights, and a black turtleneck. With a red or fuschia trench-coat! :smile:

4. I swear that I owned this skirt back about '88. Actually, I think it is cute and would work as Kristy suggested.

5. Oh wow, what a beautiful piece. Reminds me of what Proenza did for Fall08.

Very gorgeous. Definitely a keep! Wear it with a shirt with puffy sleeves, tights and booties. Very chic!

6. I think it's cute! Love Zara.

7. Thanks ladies! I think I will keep it since it was ONLY $59! I just have so many unworn clothes in my closet and I'm running outta room! lol

8. i think its cute too.. just gotta find the right top and shoes.. and it would look awesome

9. i think it looks great too..definitely need to find other pieces that complement it well!

10. Love it! I have one of these too--not even winter heavy--and I still plan on wearing it through the winter

11. I'm torn. I like the skirt (it's cute, I can see ideas for making it work) but at the same time I don't feel that I would wear it.

Go with your gut.

12. you cant tell much about clothing when its on a hanger. thats what I learned.

only when its on. modeling pic?