Keep my Monogram Rose Ballerine Neverfull MM or buy Damier Ebene RB NF??

chrissy106

Feb 27, 2016
I love my Monogram RB Neverfull MM but the Vachetta is slowly killing me... I can't take the look of the trim along the top of the bag as it begins to patina (looks crinkly to me). I wish it was a more carefree bag but I love the fact that it is a Limited Edition because of the RB lining. So now I'm torn between selling it and buying the Damier Ebene Rose Ballerine NF MM... What would you do??? Please help me decide!!

I love my Monogram RB Neverfull MM but the Vachetta is slowly killing me... I can't take the look of the trim along the top of the bag as it begins to patina (looks crinkly to me). I wish it was a more carefree bag but I love the fact that it is a Limited Edition because of the RB lining. So now I'm torn between selling it and buying the Damier Ebene Rose Ballerine NF MM... What would you do??? Please help me decide!!
If it's the RB lining that you love the most then you'd still be getting it in the Damier version. I think it would be better to have a bag that doesn't make you worry everytime you use it. There is something to be said for getting to be carefree. Which sounds like could be important to you. Also while it's still in nice condition now would be the time to sell so you can put towards the one in Damier.

Reactions: chrissy106
If it's the RB lining that you love the most then you'd still be getting it in the Damier version. I think it would be better to have a bag that doesn't make you worry everytime you use it. There is something to be said for getting to be carefree. Which sounds like could be important to you. Also while it's still in nice condition now would be the time to sell so you can put towards the one in Damier.

Agree

+1

I own the NF RB DE and it is the most carefree bag I ever owned!

By the way: I regret that I didn't bought the Monogram one, I was on the hunt for it, never got it.

I might be one of the very few but I absolutely love patina with Monogram. The darker it gets it means it's getting the most used. My very first speedy was purchased in 1998 and it's so dark and beautiful I love her more than my new speedy. I still use her the most. But if it absolutely bothers you where you won't enjoy your bag, I say let her go and fund a DE NF. I have a DE NF GM and the straps takes time to break in too. Some people sold theirs because the straps bothers them so much. It took me 3 months of everyay use to get the straps to soften. Now I absolutely adores this bag. It's so carefree. I know I'm no help but for me is, anything to keep me from loving my bag will always bother me. Do what you have to do to enjoy your beauty. Hope this helps!

@Kitty Magenta, Thank you for your reply. Its funny because since posting this thread I have done a 180 degree turn and now I am embracing the eventuality of the patina darkening and just going with it! Lol. In fact, I even wore it out in the pouring rain we had here in NYC this past week because I've stopped worrying about "watermarks", etc. Of course, I would never do this with my Melie, my Delightful or even my Eva... but I bought my Neverfull to be a workhorse bag and I've stopped babying her. In the process of it all, she has become even more beautiful to me! Thanks again!

@Kitty Magenta, Thank you for your reply. Its funny because since posting this thread I have done a 180 degree turn and now I am embracing the eventuality of the patina darkening and just going with it! Lol. In fact, I even wore it out in the pouring rain we had here in NYC this past week because I've stopped worrying about "watermarks", etc. Of course, I would never do this with my Melie, my Delightful or even my Eva... but I bought my Neverfull to be a workhorse bag and I've stopped babying her. In the process of it all, she has become even more beautiful to me! Thanks again!
I bought my NF for the exact same reason. I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying your bag the way you wanted it to be. Xoxo

I think once we get over the first watermark we all become immune to it!! I used to baby mine like crazy and now I wear her in rain too! it's meant to be used! and if I have too much wear on it I can eventually replace the vachetta :smile:

Vachetta is one of the most worry-free leathers. The worse it looks the better it gets. Kind of like my Jeep. :smile:

I did the same with my Speedy. When I first got it I was terrified of the handles changing then it rained one day and I got a water spot. Somehow that cured me of my worries.