Keep my Darling Hobo... I can't decide!!

Nov 23, 2008
Hey ladies, I really want to downsize my collection but I can't decide what bags are worth keeping... my main dilemma is whether or not I want to keep my Darling Hobo in cardinal. I rarely use it but I love the color and the interior lining. BUT I don't think that's a good enough reason to keep it?

PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!!!

Here's a pic of the bag when I took it to DC and was taking photos for the "traveling RM" thread lol

IMG_0261.jpg

I don't think you should keep it if you aren't using it that often. I've learned that even when I love certain parts of a bag... the leather, the lining, photos I've seen.. that if I don't use it, there is no point in keeping it. After all, I think bags are meant to be used.. not really kept in storage or on display, unless you do buy bags for those reasons. If you imagine it no longer in your collection and see yourself regretting it at that point, I would keep it!

It is a beautiful color, but if your not using it and want to downsize it might be time to let her go. I gave my darling hobo to my mom this summer, she loves it.

ive had the same dilema over my purple haze darling... its something about the style i dont care for. I carried it for a few days and was just not loving it. then theres the issue of the birds... >.< If only my cats could take care of the lineing in my purse.

ive had the same dilema over my purple haze darling... its something about the style i dont care for. I carried it for a few days and was just not loving it. then theres the issue of the birds... >.< If only my cats could take care of the lineing in my purse.

I agree, I think the style is pretty to look at but its not very practical. Despite the huge opening of the bad, it's shape or something about the way things sit inside the bag seem to be cramped or I don't know? I just don't like how my things fit into the bag? I hope some other darling hobo owners can chime in on this issue..

I agree, I think the style is pretty to look at but its not very practical. Despite the huge opening of the bad, it's shape or something about the way things sit inside the bag seem to be cramped or I don't know? I just don't like how my things fit into the bag? I hope some other darling hobo owners can chime in on this issue..

I don't have a Darling hobo, but I can tell from the pictures that it might not be the most convenient bag. It seems like the sides come up to give it that nice shape, but that your things might get shifted around as a result?

I had a Dooney bag that I loved the look of, but it was such a pain to open it up and find my things. I found myself more frustrated with the bag and couldn't ever really enjoy it.

I agree, i think that may be the same thing that turned me off. I found i didnt care for how my things fit in it and coupled with the irratation the clasp can present, it caused me to send her to be a bench warmer. it does hold quite a bit, but the wrap around zipper snap i found i was wrestling with too often. I know the purple haze seems to be a popular color, so i could probably sell and get my money back out of it.