Keep my Black RGGH or exchange for Bleu Lavande/Coq RGGH

2shai_

GGH Searching
Sep 25, 2008
NYC
Hi Everyone,

So I recently bought a Black RGGH Day from Bal.com because I know I won't be able to get this bag in the original GH after it discontinues. I already have 2 Black bags in my collection a Black GGH Hobo and Black GGH City, but after seeing photos of Bleu Lavande RGGH and Coquelicot RGGH I can't help but think I need a pop color instead of another Black. But the other side of me thinks I don't have anything in Black RGGH (almost all my bags are in GGH). FYI most of the colors in my collection are neutrals except for my Jaune GGH Day which I absolutely love.

So the question is if you were me would you keep the Black RGGH Day since its a classic combo or exchange for either BL or Coq RGGH?

Which color is more versatile against my clothes? I tend to wear a lot of camel, grey and black clothing.

Thanks! And sorry for all the questions :P

Rani

O.G.
Mar 5, 2008
I would exchange for anthra day with RGGH since you already have 2 black bags. Also RG looks really nice with anthra compared to black IMO. :smile:

Cait

only once you live
Dec 11, 2005
I'd get the RGGH, in a pop colour. Go for what colour makes your heart sing rather than practically.

May 1, 2009
China
hi,2 shai, I think both anthra and coq are very beautiful.
About BL, I think it might be hard to match the clothes, but it is a unique color indeed.

Nancy in VA

Bal & Legacy Lover
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
Sarasota, Florida
I say for for the coq. since it is a red that will go well with neutrals and coq. seem to all have very good leather - I am also thinking of buying one last gh bag from the website and might go for the coq. and I dont even have one black Bal.

cupcakegirl

Jun 15, 2011
I say get a POP! You really can't go wrong with either color...

But I vote for BL! I have this color and it is just gorgeous in person. I like to wear it with brown, gray and black... exactly the colors that you said you wear often.

2shai_

GGH Searching
Sep 25, 2008
NYC
Hi everyone thanks for your comments, so I was at Bal NY today and tried on both Coq and Anthra, and the leather on Coq looks so gorgeous but it clashed a lot with my skintone since I'm Asian, it felt like Chinese New Year to me lol. So I went ahead and bought Anthra RGGH Day instead.

But when I came home I now can't decide which bag I want since both seem so versatile! So which bag do you think I should keep, my Anthra RGGH day or Black RGGH Day?

REREsaurus

Leather brrraaiined.
Mar 19, 2007
noitacoL
Anthra and black may seem like two similar colors but they are soooo different! Keep both if you'll wear both. Not a fan of the Day style, but if you know you love it and will wear it - then keep. They both look delicious.

If I HAD to pick one of the two, it would be the black RGGH Day.

leamb

O.G.
Jan 5, 2011
2shai_ said:
Hi everyone thanks for your comments, so I was at Bal NY today and tried on both Coq and Anthra, and the leather on Coq looks so gorgeous but it clashed a lot with my skintone since I'm Asian, it felt like Chinese New Year to me lol. So I went ahead and bought Anthra RGGH Day instead.

But when I came home I now can't decide which bag I want since both seem so versatile! So which bag do you think I should keep, my Anthra RGGH day or Black RGGH Day?
Great choice!! I'm Asian too and as much as cow is beautiful, I think it doesn't suit my skin tone.

Anthra, on the other hand, is wonderful though.

Congrats!!

2shai_

GGH Searching
Sep 25, 2008
NYC
I noticed some tpfer said black rggh is a bit boring. But I think most of black rggh have amazing leather.
I know, many people say that Black RGGH is boring. I actually like Black RGGH a lot more now since they made the hardware more brighter and pop than last years rose gold, it makes it look more elegant imo :smile:.