Keep it or return it? Pink flap!

Christineee86

Jun 19, 2016
Hi everyone! I need advice on this flap that I just received .. it‘s such a beautiful pink lambskin flap with SHW in excellent condition! I love it but deep down inside I’m afraid it might be an „irrational“ choice as pink is not a very classic Chanel colour. Yet I love it so much and it makes me happy just to look at it! i already have lots of Chanel bags in classic colours, so I think it might be okay to go for such an extreme one. What do you think? Should I keep it or return it?

Attachments

• 7BC22C97-A335-490B-A7C4-ED6D55D60B7D.jpeg
    7BC22C97-A335-490B-A7C4-ED6D55D60B7D.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 892
Definitely keep it! Especially if u love it and it makes u happy. Besides if u already have other Chanels in other colours then this would be a great addition and something different. Love it!

I personally am not a fan of those bright colors as I think it’s gonna be hard to match with an outfit and in a few years I might be looking at it and thinking: what was I thinking when I spent that much money on this purse even though it’s hard to wear with the clothes I have???
But since you’re saying that you already own several classic colors, it might be ok to keep it if it makes you happy.

If it were me, I would return it. That bag, while a pretty color, is not an elegant color. It’s loud and will have limited use.

I love colored bags and have many, even unique colors like green, yellow and orange, But when I buy a color, I “know”. There is never doubt in my mind. The fact you are asking I say you already know your answer, and you should return it. Of course everyone is going to say keep it, it’s not their bag they have to match with outfits, nor their money spent.

That’s my two cents. I love colored bags, but I prefer more elegant colors. That hot pink is too harsh of a pink shade to look classy to me.

I also saw your other post about the 2014 pre-loved bag and shade question. I assume this is the actual bag you received. I like the paler pink in your other post much better. This one is a no go if it were me.

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
Return it and get a red flap? I think you would get more use of the red flap instead of this hot pink! But it’s really up to you since you’re the one using it. And if that bag makes you happy the. Go for it!

Chanel bags are so expensive, I think it comes down to going with your heart. If you get that thrill taking it out, looking at it and wearing it, then you should keep it. If we all started applying too much logic to our purchases, we probably wouldn’t buy at all

The way I look at it is that I have quite a few classic styles and colors in my Chanel collection (black, navy and beige), so I am allowing myself a few wild cards that are just for my own enjoyment, and won’t necessarily be good for resale value. Because I doubt I will ever sell them. If they make my heart soar, that is all that matters.

Reactions: pjhm
If it were me, I would keep it! Given that you already have all the classic colored Flap bags, it’s ok to get something different. Your excited reaction tells me you really like the bag. It’s a very beautiful and unique color!

Reactions: Sylly
You said it makes you happy so, that's the answer.
Best to buy small leather goods in vibrant colors, easy to find them inside your bag-stick to neutrals with Chanel purses. I have a beautiful red flap that goes with virtually nothing so gets little use. Colors aren't so easy to match if you want a classic look.

Reactions: lvchanellvr