Keep Heritage Stripe or trade for Sabrina?

Mich, didn't you mention in another post somewhere that you have small children? If this bag was purchased at a department store then you should be able to exchange it for a small steel Sabrina. The steel would be perfect for small children as the pebbled leather can take more abuse. You'd also have the hands free option with the shoulder strap. The color would go with more wardrobe options and add a bit of zip to everything. JMO

I'm not crazy about the regular leather Sabrina after seeing it IRL, although the metallic ones still wins me over (the silver is so pretty). I just purchased the same HS bag today and I like it a lot. I'll just say just buy whatever bag you like the most. Personally the Light Khaki/Pink is probably the best HS color. But again, go for whatever you fancy most.

Mich, didn't you mention in another post somewhere that you have small children? If this bag was purchased at a department store then you should be able to exchange it for a small steel Sabrina. The steel would be perfect for small children as the pebbled leather can take more abuse. You'd also have the hands free option with the shoulder strap. The color would go with more wardrobe options and add a bit of zip to everything. JMO

Yep, I do have two small children (2 and 4). The goal of this purchase is to have a smaller bag. I already have three larger bags (Elisa, Large Siggy denim Zoe, Lily). Actually the more I think about it, I think I do like the leather better then the other material. and the option to put it on my shoulder is VERY important with have children. I only use my Lily if I do not have my children with me.

I would LOVE both!!! But right now can only have one, since it is a purchase from my mom. Does Steel come in the small size?

Yep, I do have two small children (2 and 4). The goal of this purchase is to have a smaller bag. I already have three larger bags (Elisa, Large Siggy denim Zoe, Lily). Actually the more I think about it, I think I do like the leather better then the other material. and the option to put it on my shoulder is VERY important with have children. I only use my Lily if I do not have my children with me.

I would LOVE both!!! But right now can only have one, since it is a purchase from my mom. Does Steel come in the small size?

Yes, I saw a small steel Sabrina at Dillard's the other day. It's apparently a department store exclusive from what I've gathered here. If you like the steel, the fuchsia lining should be icing on the cake for a pink lover. :heart:

This is a toughie for me!
While I do like the Sabrina (recent crush) your set looks so darn cute and V-Dayish.

The pink and light color of the set your mom got looks so fresh and springy as well.
I think I'm leaning toward keeping your gift.
Sabrina will be at outlets prior to these, so you can save $$$ and start the outlet hunt for Sabrina. Then you won't have had to really make that "Sophie's choice"!

BTW, will your mom adopt me?
My mom (deceased) never missed a V-Day, but it was more like a card and a box of chocolates from CVS! Whoo-hooo on your mom's gift giving!

I love my Sabrinas, but also love your HS set! I love the fact that the HS is easy to keep clean and you really don't have to worry about scuffing, staining, scratching, etc. However, the Sabrina has the the shoulder strap and the leather is pretty worry-free (at least it has been for me). I know, I'm really no help at all!

If you are looking for a small Sabrina in steel, you won't find them at the boutique or outlet, but at the department stores. In fact I just saw one at my Dillards. If your Dillards doesn't have any they should be able to order it from a store that does. The steel is such a great universal color and from what another poster said, the fuschia lining is GORGEOUS!! Good luck with deciding and let us know what you end up doing.

Here's a different suggestion...since you mentioned that you like to have a bag on your shoulder when you are out with your kids, have you considered exchanging this for the new Heritage Stripe Convertible Hobo? (It's $298, but I don't know how much the small satchel is.) It comes in the same color. Then you still have the color and material your mom got you, but the function you need. I like that you can wipe it down, so convenient with two kids. It's not too big, so you won't feel weighted down, but has enough room to carry your essentials and some things for the kiddos if necessary.