Keep all 60

Mar 2, 2008
Hi everyone! I know there are numerous threads on this, but I don't know if I'm entering the wrong keywords or not. Is a keepall 60 approved for an overhead compartment of an aircraft? Thanks in advance :smile:

The overall limit is 55, and that's the official word from LV, too. However, I have carried my 60 without any issues - ever. It could come down to how tightly it's packed.

Thanks so much! Now what if I packed a 60 pretty lightly? could I get away with it?

I wouldn't take a chance with that, to be honest, unless you don't mind the possibility of having to check it. LV states that this is their largest cabin size Keepall, and most airlines put a restriction on the size of cabin baggage that puts the 55 at the largest accepted size. No checking LV for me, so that's as big as I'd go!

Last edited:
Thanks so much! Now what if I packed a 60 pretty lightly? could I get away with it?
If you don't already have a 60, buy the 55 (I now have a 55, too). When I got my 60, over 10 years ago, no one was talking about size limits on planes. Up until last year, I traveled with my 60 everywhere. Now, I use it for car/train trips only.

Hope this helps.

P.S. Keep in mind that while it would seem that a bigger would be better, unless you're able to carry the load without trouble or discomfort, it might be a good idea to think along the lines of a 45 or 50. As you might know, these bags are all very roomy, and if one gets carried away (no pun), they can get very heavy.

Food for thought. ;)

The keepall 55 is the largest size for carryon. I have a keepall 50 and fully stuffed it fits in the overhead fine (I'm sure the 55 would as well) and somewhat filled fits under the seat in front of me. I'd recommend a 50 or 55 as it does also get heavy