keep all 50 (not bandouliere)

citysurfer1

Apr 12, 2015
Instead of having where my keepall is made (USA) imprinted on the leather tab, it is in a cloth tag inside the keep all. I just bought it last week from the boutique. It this a new thing? TIA

Instead of having where my keepall is made (USA) imprinted on the leather tab, it is in a cloth tag inside the keep all. I just bought it last week from the boutique. It this a new thing? TIA
No, it's been around for several years already due to some US policy stating that any and all items made in the USA must disclose the origin of the materials that they're constructed from. Only items that have both domestic materials and assembly can state Made in the USA now. Obviously LV's not going to stamp all of that nonsense on an itty bitty leather tab, or any of its items for a matter of fact, and instead decided to opt for a discreet little tag that's sewn into the lining or, in the case of SLGs, just decide to forgo the Made in stamp altogether (the "Louis Vuitton Paris" is still there though).

No, it's been around for several years already due to some US policy stating that any and all items made in the USA must disclose the origin of the materials that they're constructed from. Only items that have both domestic materials and assembly can state Made in the USA now. Obviously LV's not going to stamp all of that nonsense on an itty bitty leather tab, or any of its items for a matter of fact, and instead decided to opt for a discreet little tag that's sewn into the lining or, in the case of SLGs, just decide to forgo the Made in stamp altogether (the "Louis Vuitton Paris" is still there though).

Do no SLG's show made in USA at all? Im in the UK, heading to the US next week and want something made in USA for my collection but can't justify the much higher cost of a bag so was thinking SLG instead, that won't work if they don't include Made in USA :sad: Thanks.

Do no SLG's show made in USA at all? Im in the UK, heading to the US next week and want something made in USA for my collection but can't justify the much higher cost of a bag so was thinking SLG instead, that won't work if they don't include Made in USA :sad: Thanks.
Not any more unfortunately, although you can still pick up a MIU piece. Just because it doesn't have that Made in stamp doesn't make it any less special or memorable, besides, there's always the date codes that can remind you exactly where it is from.