Keep a bag if you LOVE the style, but don't love/need the color?

betnyp

O.G.
Jul 24, 2006
So you may have read my other thread about NM sending me the BROWN Celine Bittersweet twice when I was promised the elusive, but then in stock gunmetal. I just tried a third time (I know) and they sent the brown again..arrgh. Anyway- the point here isn't to complain (they actually were finally very nice), because I can return or sell the bag. The problem is that I love :heart:the style, and it's a great deal (adore bargins...the only way I have a nice collection :smile: but I already have two other brown bags that I like and nothing in grey/gunmetal...
But I know I won't ever see the gunmetal (or any other Bittersweet) for this price, so should I just keep my brown Bittersweet, since I love the style and find a different grey bag? So confused- opinions, please:confused1:
Thanks!!!
PS. Any one else with these NM sale bags- I know they are an older version...but does yours not have an inside zipper pocket either?

I would say 'no' to this. I am just about to try and sell a gorgeous bag in a style I adore because the colour just doesn't work for me. I was exactly in your position and was persuaded to keep the bag because it is a neutral shade (brown too actually!) and I so love the style/brand. But . . . I have barely used it and it really doesn't do anything other than remind me it wasn't my first choice. Sorry to be negative, but I wish I'd thought about this more before buying the 'right style/wrong colour' bag!

So you may have read my other thread about NM sending me the BROWN Celine Bittersweet twice when I was promised the elusive, but then in stock gunmetal. I just tried a third time (I know) and they sent the brown again..arrgh. Anyway- the point here isn't to complain (they actually were finally very nice), because I can return or sell the bag. The problem is that I love :heart:the style, and it's a great deal (adore bargins...the only way I have a nice collection :smile: but I already have two other brown bags that I like and nothing in grey/gunmetal...
But I know I won't ever see the gunmetal (or any other Bittersweet) for this price, so should I just keep my brown Bittersweet, since I love the style and find a different grey bag? So confused- opinions, please:confused1:
Thanks!!!

PS. Any one else with these NM sale bags- I know they are an older version...but does yours not have an inside zipper pocket either?

What? Are we twins??? And we're both in L.A.! How funny! You're not silly - I would return the Bittersweet. There are other gunmetal bags out there (somewhere - they're HARD to find!!)....don't keep what you don't use!!! :wlae:

I am going through something similar, only with two red bags. They're both MJ, but they're both very different.. but do I really need 2 red bags?

It's such a hard decision. I guess if you can use the money for something else you want.. then get rid of it.

Hmm...I went through the same thing a while ago. I bought a giant MbyMJ Betty tote (I think?) at a mega Bloomie's sale. At first I wasn't sure because it was a cream color and I really needed a black bag, but it was the last one, for a steal, etc. etc. Anyway, I ended up using that bag almost every day because I grew to love it so much. Plus, now white bags are in, it goes with anything, and I haven't seen that bag anywhere else since, so I'm glad I got it.

I think it all depends on how much you think you'll use it.

Never keep it unless you are absolutely in love with it!

The way I see it is, if I want to kick my hubby out of bed that night and set my new bag on his side of the bed just so I can be next to it, that's a keeper. LOL

:roflmfao:

Thank you all for not only your opinions, but personal experiences! It makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one with this- or a similar- dilemma . The great advice here has really made me think twice since I was leaning toward keeping it. I do need that money to go toward a bag in the grey color I am obsessing over, and would hate to have the brown just sit in my closet! Still undecided (can I let it go?!), but truly appreciate the help:love: